Looking for equipment advice

MB_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Looking to see what you would recommend for a wavemaker in a 10g saltwater tank. The tank will have 1 pair of clowns, anemones, and some easy-to-keep soft corals. From looking online, I like the wavemakers with the ability to control wave intensity and different wave settings. Also not want something that is going to be extremely overpowering. I was considering getting a Jabao but not sure which model.

2. For my light, I currently have the Lominie LED Aquarium Light (Nano Asta 20) given to me by a relative. Do you think this will be sufficient for my tank long term? Or would there be a different light that would produce better results? Just not looking to spend hundreds of dollars.

Thanks!

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Looking to see what you would recommend for a wavemaker in a 10g saltwater tank. The tank will have 1 pair of clowns, anemones, and some easy-to-keep soft corals. From looking online, I like the wavemakers with the ability to control wave intensity and different wave settings. Also not want something that is going to be extremely overpowering. I was considering getting a Jabao but not sure which model.

2. For my light, I currently have the Lominie LED Aquarium Light (Nano Asta 20) given to me by a relative. Do you think this will be sufficient for my tank long term? Or would there be a different light that would produce better results? Just not looking to spend hundreds of dollars.

Thanks!
I wouldn't put a wavemaker in a 10g if you plan to try an anemone.
I think the anemone will have enough problems with tank stability, a wavemaker will just upset it and maybe turn it into soup.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slw-5 would be the jebao that would be appropriate. Is the tank an all in one or what is your filtration? In AIO’s upgrading the return pump often will be enough flow for fish and softies.

misturrtinnie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not sure about the wave maker for jebaos, but I would just make sure you get an anemone guard for it if you plan on keeping one.

As for the lights, it depends on the budget you have. But you did not give a dimension of the tank for better evaluation.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • None.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back