• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for gold torch single head? $150?

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a gold torch online someone is selling for $180, was wondering if I could find it any cheaper elsewhere..

FishDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not. Also there is a difference between aussie and indo gold torches. Also between the varaints, just to keep in mind.

OP
OP
Exotic_Reefer0

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not. Also there is a difference between aussie and indo gold torches. Also between the varaints, just to keep in mind.
Appreciate the response! Which do you like more indo or aussie? But don't just say indo cuz its harder to get rn lol

OP
OP
Exotic_Reefer0

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one I found for $180 from a reputable shop about an hour away from me

20200526_135549.jpg

FishDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually indo corals are easier to get. Especially the variants such as dragon soul. They were stockpiled during indo closure and started to roll in before COVID. Minus the hg, still hard to find. There have been less Aussie golds, and out of the wild they can be slightly more challenging for new reef keepers (in my experience anyways). Attached is a washed out pic there's an aussie gold on the bottom and in middle. The indo hg in the back. The aussie gold usually has fatter thick polyps but in high flow they can become thinner and longer as seen.

The hg has insane color especially when running LEDs, but is $$. I run MH and T5. Next my favorites are Aussie gold, then indo golds.

20200519_142715.jpg

OP
OP
Exotic_Reefer0

Exotic_Reefer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually indo corals are easier to get. Especially the variants such as dragon soul. They were stockpiled during indo closure and started to roll in before COVID. Minus the hg, still hard to find. There have been less Aussie golds, and out of the wild they can be slightly more challenging for new reef keepers (in my experience anyways). Attached is a washed out pic there's an aussie gold on the bottom and in middle. The indo hg in the back. The aussie gold usually has fatter thick polyps but in high flow they can become thinner and longer as seen.

The hg has insane color especially when running LEDs, but is $$. I run MH and T5. Next my favorites are Aussie gold, then indo golds.

20200519_142715.jpg
Oh my gosh your stuff looks have your torches ever grown new branches?

FishDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've fragged the gold torch on the bottom a few times. The middle one I've only had for a few weeks, purchased as splitting heads. The indo hg has grown fast and had a couple frags from.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back