Looking for help

Fruity Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having a super weird issue and looking for a place to turn…

Yesterday my tank was amazing all of the Zoas were open and happy my candy canes were wide open and my framer was happily waving around.

Today however all of my fish seem to be almost gasping and my corals are angry as hell.

I have done 3 different tests (API, Salifert, and Fluval) with similar results.

0 Ammonia
0 nitrite
2.5-5ppm Nitrate
8.1-8.2pH

I did a 50% water change and adjusted my pump nozzles to create some more oxygen but I am not seeing any real improvement.

Am I missing something? Is there something I could be overlooking?

OP
OP
Fruity Reefer

Fruity Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am honestly at a complete and total loss... hahaha I feel like I'm going crazy double and triple checking things.

I am seeing some minor improvement in breathing with my fish and my frammer & zoas are sliiiightly opening back up, but not much.

I really appreciate everyone helping me double check things!

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance a child or pet threw or knocked anything into your tank? Do you always wash and rinse your hands well before reaching into the water?

If all params look good, I'd run some charcoal if you're not already. I suspect some foreign substance was introduced for everything to go south that quickly.

OP
OP
Fruity Reefer

Fruity Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance a child or pet threw or knocked anything into your tank? Do you always wash and rinse your hands well before reaching into the water?

If all params look good, I'd run some charcoal if you're not already. I suspect some foreign substance was introduced for everything to go south that quickly.
You saved the day! haha

I am fairly new to this hobby so I wasn't quite sure where to turn but I threw in a new charcoal bag and everything is doing so much better. not sure what got in there but that helped BIG TIME.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back