Looking for Inexpensive, Colorful, Interesting, & Quick Growing Corals

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have come to appreciate that corals don’t have to be expensive to be colorful, grow fast, and have interesting shapes/textures.

Please share pics and names your non expensive corals! Looking for more ideas! Here are some of mine.

Spongodes

637A8729-AAE0-43E2-AF1D-32BEF83C9B25.jpeg

Toxic Green SPS, Red Serarosa, & Green Monti

4E8A936A-9AD5-4408-A2E7-9087ADF91D5F.jpeg
Seeing lots of SPS and Zoa recommendations, I'll go to bat for Duncan. Do you have one already? In my experience great growth rate, don't break the bank, peaceful, and beautiful. Mine has gone from 6 heads to 16 in about a year....Likely time to frag it.

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will share pictures of mine once morning comes since its night here. I think I have a similar anacropora. They are relatively cheap here too since they are not as popular as acros and montis. If I were to add on, I’d say the different colour variants of Monti Digitatas, pocilloporas, stylophoras and monti caps are the among the cheapest, hardiest and fastest growing corals for me. Heck, I dont even know why GSP and Xenia cost twice or thrice the price of lower-end sps in my country.
What’s the difference (besides price) between the anacropora and an Acro?

hans4811

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally not the point of the post! Reponses like this are totally unnecessary or helpful. Exactly, why I stopped asking questions on this forum.
That’s just the MO of this guy...wisecracks about everything...dont let a bad apple stop you. Majority of people aren’t like this clown on this forum.

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acropora Yongei is a must have. It doesn't require a ton of light and, after encrust your base, it will take off and grow like crazy.
Have to look this one up!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back