Looking for inspiration for corals to put between acros

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, i have big piece of rockscape thats reserved for acros. Pic below. Excuse the brown stick up top, it will be replaced by the new green slimer that's acclimating in the rack and will be put elsewhere to aid its recovery.

This is probably all the acros I want to add for this area to leave room for the grow out. I want to get some inspiration on what I should put in between the frag to fill up the empty space. I'm thinking of some encrusting types. Currently have two monti frags acclimating in the sand (see pic)

Looking for your ideas/recommendation/advice on what you want to see here that will compliment this area both biologically and aesthetically. Feel free to post pictures!

Tank is 4 year mixed, mature and stable. So any coral is open for consideration. Only restriction is no zoas!
20210502_135335.jpg
20210502_135807.jpg

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look like they are only 3" or so apart. Id just let them grow and take over the space. Seems in a year or so there won't be room to get in there and trim the filler coral back.

OP
OP
D

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look like they are only 3" or so apart. Id just let them grow and take over the space. Seems in a year or so there won't be room to get in there and trim the filler coral back.
Thanks, that's definitely an option. Its just hard to visualize how they will fill it up to see where the "empty" spaces would be. I can always wait to add more later once these grow out more. The 2 monti frags ill put on the outskirts so it won't crowd to much.

Back