Looking for inspiration - show me your 300+ gallon tanks with stands

Lilnoelle80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m needing to upgrade my 210g and am looking for inspiration. I’ve perused various build threads but was hoping to see a bunch of 300g+ tanks, including stands and even a bit of the room that the system is in. (As I’m still trying to decide where I want to place the system). Bonus points for individuals willing to give me some details about their system (volume, dimensions, manufacturer, filtration, etc). I’d also love a pic of the sump/equipment in the stand or a pic of your fish room.
I realize this is asking for a lot, and much of this is in the individual build threads, but thought it would be nice to consolidate the pics in a single thread for others as well. Here’s a video (if it uploads) of my 210g FOWLR tank (after adding some new rock, so some looks very new). I also added a single screenshot from the video and found an old pic that included more of the stand and background, though I’m not all that proud of the stand/placement, so I don’t have a bunch of pics of that.
With my upgrade, I’d love to add some sps corals, though haven’t had a ton of success with them in my 125g mixed reef. Anyway, I’d love to see pics of any 300g+ system, including FOWLR, mixed, sps dominate, LPS dominate, etc.

537703DA-F6CE-44DF-8F30-1FF90E38EA60.jpeg 09C6AF5A-7936-4830-BA1B-78AAA061758A.jpeg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is my 360 build thread. My wife likes the more classic style (furniture style over modern look) which isn’t the trend these days.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get the 300 from joe at glass cages for a FOWLR but I could not convince the other half we needed another large system in the house. some day I plan on finishing out the basement complete with walk out door ( so I can get a large tank down there) until then i'll have to enjoy threads like this. :D

so lets see them R2R!

OP
OP
Lilnoelle80

Lilnoelle80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get the 300 from joe at glass cages for a FOWLR but I could not convince the other half we needed another large system in the house. some day I plan on finishing out the basement complete with walk out door ( so I can get a large tank down there) until then i'll have to enjoy threads like this. :D

so lets see them R2R!
Yeah, my husband wants me to wait too - for our “forever home “ but I’m only 41, still have a kid in diapers, and don’t plan to move anywhere any time soon. Plus I’m impatient… and my fish need more space.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my husband wants me to wait too - for our “forever home “ but I’m only 41, still have a kid in diapers, and don’t plan to move anywhere any time soon. Plus I’m impatient… and my fish need more space.
then there you go.... sometimes we want what we want when we want it.
if you have the space for it I say go for it.

as long as the floor can support the weight that is. I want the 310- 96x30x25 but if you cant go that long the 72x36x25 is a great option.
measure out your space come up with an idea and talk to Joe he can build it for you! that is nice about going custom you can get the size you need.

that said there are some really nice large PNP system out there now.
the red sea S1000- 265 gallons only tho
water box LX 340.7 they just redid the LX line up and it's slow going getting them in but they said some time this summer.
just some options for you.

OR this is going to sound crazy but if you need even bigger and you have a handy guy or two around you could build a plywood tank! easy to get a 420+ gallon with the size of a sheet of plywood. but with the cost of wood these days it might not be that much cheaper.
here is a quick DIY vid:
and check out this guys basement fish room with many DIY large tanks. its crazy good.
https://www.youtube.com/c/AquariumdomainWebsite

it really get the gears turning + it's quality entertainment :)

let us know what you decide to do.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back