Looking for interesting fish papers to download

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was DMing with another member earlier about available papers and realized that I still had access to mine. Does anybody have recommendations for papers I should look at/read/download in regards to fish breeding, live food rearing, phytoplankton culturing, etc before my access to papers like this expires next month?

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a public one that may be interesting for anyone breeding ornamentals:
Culture Techniques of Marine Copepods
It's from the Indian Central Marine Research Institute (India is actually doing a quite a bit of research in ornamental fish breeding)

Attachments

• Culture_Techniques_of_Marine_Copepods_pd.pdf
    13.4 MB · Views: 81

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some I'm still looking for:

Developing the harpacticoid copepod Tisbe biminiensis culture: testing for salinity tolerance, ration levels, presence of sediment and density dependent analyses
LP Souza‐Santos, JMO Pastor, NG Ferreira… - Aquaculture …, 2006 - Wiley Online Library

Genetic tools link long-term demographic and life-history traits of anemonefish to their anemone hosts
OC Salles, P Saenz-Agudelo, GR Almany… - Coral Reefs, 2016 - Springer

The radiation of the clownfishes has two geographical replicates
G Litsios, PB Pearman, D Lanterbecq… - Journal of …, 2014 - Wiley Online Library

The clownfish sea anemones: Stichodactylidae (Coelenterata: Actiniaria) and other sea anemones symbiotic with pomacentrid fishes
DF Dunn - Transactions of the American Philosophical Society, 1981 - JSTOR

Anemonefish personalities influence the strength of mutualistic interactions with host sea anemones
PFP Schmiege, CC D'Aloia, PM Buston - Marine Biology, 2017 - Springer

Range extensions in anemonefishes and host sea anemones in eastern Australia: potential constraints to tropicalisation
H Malcolm, A Scott - Marine and Freshwater Research, 2017 - CSIRO

Phylogenetic relationships among damselfishes (Teleostei: Pomacentridae) as determined by mitochondrial DNA data
KL Tang - Copeia, 2001 - asihcopeiaonline.org

The origin and evolution of seahorses (genus Hippocampus): a phylogenetic study using the cytochrome b gene of mitochondrial DNA
SP Casey, HJ Hall, HF Stanley, ACJ Vincent - Molecular Phylogenetics and …, 2004 - Elsevier

Local variation in mortality rates and life-expectancy estimates of the coral-reef fish Centropyge bicolor (Pisces: Pomacanthidae)
JM Aldenhoven - Marine Biology, 1986 - Springer

Different reproductive strategies in a sex-changing coral reef fish Centropyge bicolor (Pomacanthidae)
JM Aldenhoven - Marine and Freshwater Research, 1986 - CSIRO

Reproductive biology of pigmy angelfishes of the genus Centropyge (Pomacanthidae)
JA Bauer Jr, SE Bauer - Bulletin of Marine Science, 1981 - ingentaconnect.com

Courtship, spawning and inferred social organization of American angelfishes (Genera Pomacanthus, Holacanthus and Centropyge; pomacanthidae)
JT Moyer, RE Thresher, PL Colin - Environmental Biology of Fishes, 1983 - Springer

The feeding ecology of three species of Caribbean angelfishes (family Pomacanthidae)
TF Hourigan, FG Stanton, PJ Motta, CD Kelley… - … Biology of Fishes, 1989 - Springer

Early sex change: A possible mating strategy ofCentropyge angelfishes (Pisces: Pomacanthidae)
JT Moyer, MJ Zaiser - Journal of Ethology, 1984 - Springer

Development, body length, and feeding of Tigriopus californicus (Copepoda, Harpacticoida) in laboratory and field populations
M Spaeth, JJ Powlik, AG Lewis - Crustaceana, 1997 - brill.com

The nutritional value of Artemia and Tigriopus californicus (Baker) for two Pacific mysid species, Metamysidopsis elongata (Holmes) and Mysidopsis intii (Holmquist)
KE Kreeger, DA Kreeger, CJ Langdon… - Journal of experimental …, 1991 - Elsevier

Feeding Structures and their Functions in Adult and Preadult Tigriopus Californicus (Copepoda: Harpacticoida)
AG Lewis, L Chatters, M Raudsepp - Journal of the Marine Biological …, 1998 - cambridge.org

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more I don't have yet:

Development of captive breeding techniques for marine ornamental fish: a review
JA Moorhead, C Zeng - Reviews in Fisheries Science, 2010 - Taylor & Francis

Influence of social stability on the sex determination process in false clown anemonefish (Amphiprion ocellaris)
E Iwata, N Suzuki, S Ohno - Marine and Freshwater Behaviour and …, 2019 - Taylor & Francis

Functional morphology and feeding performance of marine-fish larvae
ML Wittenrich - 2011 - search.proquest.com

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back