Looking for led fixtures

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm looking to buy a good led system that will grow Corals over the next few weeks. In the past I ran a 48" coralife aqualight but am wanting to switch to LEDs. I have been eye balling the current orbit Marine ic pro loop system and the par reviews I have seen would seem to show it's a good fixture for all Coral types but it's a 500 system for the dual loop layout. Anyone with advice on a good system around the same price with same features or a system they have that would work with comparable price or better would be great

Psustein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't always like to recommend them but I have seen the ebay black boxes do pretty well on frag systems while keeping the price down. They are cheap and put out pretty good par values, but they are cheaply made so buyer beware.

OP
OP
coralfrenzy88

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 72 long so alot of the black boxes end up being around the same price as the dual orbit loop system that's why I figured I would see if anyone in etrc had an older system that is tried and true for sale :)

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have a couple AI SOL fixtures, an AI Hydra, and a controller for them. If you're interested, I'll pull them out and see what I'd sell for.

OP
OP
coralfrenzy88

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be looking to pull the trigger on a good light setup within the next few weeks. I've been out of Corals for awhile and getting back in over the next few weeks. Would they give good par and coverage on a 6 ft 125 i believe it's 21 deep? I'm planning on going mixed reef.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Orbit for a little while they were not strong enough for me, I have a Reef Breeders Photon V@ that grows coral well and on my new set up I will try the Giesemann Verves

verve's

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be looking to pull the trigger on a good light setup within the next few weeks. I've been out of Corals for awhile and getting back in over the next few weeks. Would they give good par and coverage on a 6 ft 125 i believe it's 21 deep? I'm planning on going mixed reef.
Yeah, they would do fine. They're not the latest and greatest technology and are a few years old. I'm not sure how well two SOL's and one Hydra would look. You'd want all three to look close to the same. Only one way to find out. I know if you bought and took them home and didn't like them, I'd take them back. They don't have greens and reds. They are white and blue led's only.

OP
OP
coralfrenzy88

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let me know what kinda price tag and if the have a controller for the dimming and stuff and I will do my research on them and see how I feel about it....you know us reefers are the most ocd people ever lol

OP
OP
coralfrenzy88

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So crazy question because I'm new to the led fixtures but if the only problem I had on a 254 watt t5 was that it was a 48 on a 72 tank but grew even scolies and anything I wanted why would a comparable wattage led not be enough?....I know this is a sale thread and I am wanting to possibly buy from someone but it's confusing to say the least...

Back