looking for lighting advice

sparky2812

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi I have a 75 gallon reef tank with a old aquatic life t5 light that needs repair new ballast, bulbs and some tombstones. Was looking at the Fluval marine 3.0 as a replacement because I can buy one cheaper then the parts I need , does anyone have any experience with them ?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
Zoanthids

aquakj

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I wouldnt go with a fluval 3.0 especially not if you want to see growth and great health in your corals...I had the a fluval sea and it was on a shallow tank maybe around 9-10 inches the light was at the rim of the tank so the corals were about 4-6 inches from the light and it always seemed like they wanted more light or better lighting...I recently moved everything to my 75 and im using a viparspectra 300 watt i got it for $275 which is cheaper than most leds out there...my point is though if you have enough money to buy better lights like radions or kessils or anything high end I would go for it...if not the viparspectra light is a good light as well not as fancy but you get a pretty good light for your money. The only downside to the viparspectra is the mounting mechanism look into it before you buy.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
For $600 this would work for you

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
Orphek OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Lighting