Looking for live rock

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about any kind of type. Especially Tonga branch.

Brandon

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking again if anyone has any. :)
I'm unsure where you're located but have you looked at Tampa Bay Saltwater? I think their username is @LiverockRocks ...I've heard nothing but good things about them. As far as Tonga branch goes, from my understanding it hasn't been imported for a very long time and since you're specifically looking for live rock, although you may find someone very rarely with a mature tank offering a few pieces for sale, I'd say go with Tampa Bay Saltwater since their rock comes right out of the Gulf of Mexico. That will give you more biodiversity than you'll get on any other rock unless it's actually from the ocean as well.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm familiar with them. They've been around a long time. It's a two edged sword... You can get as many pests as you do beneficial critters. Not worth it to me. It's also very expensive.

Brandon

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm familiar with them. They've been around a long time. It's a two edged sword... You can get as many pests as you do beneficial critters. Not worth it to me. It's also very expensive.

Brandon
Have you looked into different types of rock they have to offer? I mean I'm not any kind of advertisement for them and haven't actually ordered from them as I'm on the other side of the world and get Indonesian live rock myself but aside from a few small crabs and bristle worms, that's the worst I've ever experienced from wild rock. Personally I'm not a big fan of what they call "premium" rock and feel like you might get a good bit more hitchhikers from the premium. I like what looks more similar to the stuff i get over here which is just primarily coralline covering the rock...cheaper and personally probably fewer pests. Of course that's completely your call. They offer that too.

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inexpensive Live Rock is gone with the wind. TBS Live Rock is at the bottom of the price. Try Aussie Rock- it is available but costly.It is unfortunate, but it seem that if you want quality and affordable live rock you need to use Time Machine to go back decade or more.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back