Looking for local reefers

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guys from bentonville. tankstudy, your rfas are amazing. what are the dims of your 45 shallow? im thinking of starting a 3´ by 2´ by 1´to upgrade from my 10 gallon

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little Rock, I've been reefing for about 8-9 years.

I work a lot so most folks only meet me when I tend to sell off frags and etc or at swaps. Currently run this 20 nuvo only. Have a 45 shallow that everything will be moved too. This tank is actually over grown at the moment. I've had to pull off many zoa/paly colonies off the floor. If you have any questions, just ask. I'm actually very active on reading these forums.

20180824_174421.jpg
View attachment 20180831_121948.jpg

Just saw this and that it one beautiful tank!

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guys from bentonville. tankstudy, your rfas are amazing. what are the dims of your 45 shallow? im thinking of starting a 3´ by 2´ by 1´to upgrade from my 10 gallon

35.5" x 23.75" x 11.75"

It's the cadlights 45 shallow.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet they are but many of them do not enroll on online forums.

When we use to have a frag swap in arkansas, the turnout was quite large. The first year, it wasn't that big but the following years, it was pretty packed. I would agree that most are not enrolled on online forums.

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we use to have a frag swap in arkansas, the turnout was quite large. The first year, it wasn't that big but the following years, it was pretty packed. I would agree that most are not enrolled on online forums.
Is there no frag swap anymore?

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there no frag swap anymore?

No, at least not that I've heard of in a few years. In2deep use to host them for a few years in NWA/Fayetteville. We had some pretty big name vendors show up during those years. Jason Fox came during one of those years.

The Razorbackreef club in central arkansas does a few events but they are mainly frag workshops, small auctions and raffles. I don't think they've ever had one.

Last couple of years, I travel out of state for frag swaps. I hit the Corals for Charity in tulsa or if its not on a weekend I'm working, I try to hit the one in St. Louis that's usually in spring and fall.

I did enjoy the one in fayetteville, not only did I meet a lot of reefers, I bought a lot and traded as well.

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, at least not that I've heard of in a few years. In2deep use to host them for a few years in NWA/Fayetteville. We had some pretty big name vendors show up during those years. Jason Fox came during one of those years.

The Razorbackreef club in central arkansas does a few events but they are mainly frag workshops, small auctions and raffles. I don't think they've ever had one.

Last couple of years, I travel out of state for frag swaps. I hit the Corals for Charity in tulsa or if its not on a weekend I'm working, I try to hit the one in St. Louis that's usually in spring and fall.

I did enjoy the one in fayetteville, not only did I meet a lot of reefers, I bought a lot and traded as well.

Yeah Fayetteville is a bit too far for me. I wish they were some frag swaps in Little Rock. The fish tank in little currently hosts freshwater meetings but not saltwater I don’t think.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Fayetteville is a bit too far for me. I wish they were some frag swaps in Little Rock. The fish tank in little currently hosts freshwater meetings but not saltwater I don’t think.

Every once in awhile, Vanessa and them hosts the meetings for the razorback club. It's usually like the raffles/fragging events.

I've been hoping for a frag swap for many years in Little Rock. Would save me a drive ;).

I do try to post on the razorbackreef forums to keep it somewhat active too.

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every once in awhile, Vanessa and them hosts the meetings for the razorback club. It's usually like the raffles/fragging events.

I've been hoping for a frag swap for many years in Little Rock. Would save me a drive ;).

I do try to post on the razorbackreef forums to keep it somewhat active too.

How long have you had your tank going for?

OP
OP
the3rd

the3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little Rock, I've been reefing for about 8-9 years.

I work a lot so most folks only meet me when I tend to sell off frags and etc or at swaps. Currently run this 20 nuvo only. Have a 45 shallow that everything will be moved too. This tank is actually over grown at the moment. I've had to pull off many zoa/paly colonies off the floor. If you have any questions, just ask. I'm actually very active on reading these forums.

20180824_174421.jpg
View attachment 20180831_121948.jpg
Nice to meet you and you have a very beautiful tank

OP
OP
the3rd

the3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you sell any mushroom or any other soft coral? And I have a 36 inch 6 bulb T5 fixture what is your opinion on which bulbs I should put in there to grow the best corals and look appearance

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you sell any mushroom or any other soft coral? And I have a 36 inch 6 bulb T5 fixture what is your opinion on which bulbs I should put in there to grow the best corals and look appearance
Atinics for growth. Blue+ and coral+ for balancing white.
Also have some zoas I wouldn’t mind parting with.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back