Looking for new LFS

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm done fed up with the places I goto.
Either they are over priced, livestock look horrible, or they are just trying to sell you on their in-home care of your tank.

I am about |---| <-that close to driving back up to my old LFS store in Wisconsin.

I'm not picky really, just would like to see a place within 2 hours of Flower Mound that is willing to either talk shop, give helpful tips, or even sell something without looking at a person as a payday.
There are 3 shops I refuse to ever go back too, and one I walked in and left in 5 min of getting there because the person basically just treated a customer like garbage. (I waited in the parking lot for the customer to come out. and gave them my number and said that that was the worst advise I ever heard a shop tell someone.)
I am currently working with that person on helping them get their tank stable and fix the issues.

Sorry for the rant, But is there anywhere y'all trust for good prices, and good advice?

Places I have already tried:
Dallas North Aquarium (They are so far the best)
Rift 2 Reef
Galss Aquatics
KellerFarms
Franks Tanks
Roberts Reef
Extreme Corals
Exotic Aquatics
(And there might have been a couple more)

brrit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a drive for you, but I love Ocean Avenue in Arlington. I've walked in there with money burning in my pocket and they've talked me out of purchases. Great advice even sometimes when I don't want to hear it.

OP
OP
KorD

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a drive for you, but I love Ocean Avenue in Arlington. I've walked in there with money burning in my pocket and they've talked me out of purchases. Great advice even sometimes when I don't want to hear it.
thats exactly what I’m looking for. A place that understands some people need to be told ”no”

next time I’m down that way I’ll have to check them out.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua Studios is super chill, livestock is always healthy for coral

Last edited:

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't like Franks? I have had great luck with him. super friendly, knowledgeable and keeps a clean store. Not a huge selection unfortunately.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back