Looking for New tank recommendations been out of the game a while please help

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was actually the same reef tank I first had it was a deep blue with a corner overflow was a really awesome tank easy to light etc. What manufacturer did you go with? I actually live in Watertown and use to go out o the mars frag swaps but when I’ve looked on the website seems like mars and Wisconsin reef society has kinda died not much interaction and barely any posts. Seems like I will have to make reef2reed my new home once I get started. I was actually looking for a nice used tank before but I just haven’t found Anything so figure I will just do a new tank. Only bad thing about the current situation is shipping and everything being expensive.
The one that I found first was made by Aquarium Masters. Super happy with it. I also found out that Best Fish in Milwaukee had a handful of similar dimension brand new tanks made by Seapora for sale (any Seapora tanks that aren’t super common sizes aren’t currently in production because of raw material supply problems). Might be worth looking into if you want an option that’s in between Red Sea and Aqueon in price and quality…

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was actually the same reef tank I first had it was a deep blue with a corner overflow was a really awesome tank easy to light etc. What manufacturer did you go with? I actually live in Watertown and use to go out o the mars frag swaps but when I’ve looked on the website seems like mars and Wisconsin reef society has kinda died not much interaction and barely any posts. Seems like I will have to make reef2reed my new home once I get started. I was actually looking for a nice used tank before but I just haven’t found Anything so figure I will just do a new tank. Only bad thing about the current situation is shipping and everything being expensive.
As far as MARS goes, the Facebook group is still really active. Definitely worth joining if you are on FB.

There’s also the local reef group Wisco Reefers here on R2R. @Zach B is the moderator, he can get you in.

J.D.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with a custom SCA 90 w/ Synergy Overflow, so far so good. I’m impressed with overall build quality – I didn’t want to break the bank, I felt like it was reasonabily priced.

Here’s a pic during the leak test. I wasn’t sure about the wood stand, I wanted metal, but overall it’s solid & well built.

1653598334393.png

OP
OP
Lonelyreef

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems as if quite a few manufacturers are way behind on there tanks manufacturing and have stopped taking preorders I guess I should have expected this with me being a general contractor we constantly have issues gettting product lately.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back