OP
OP
D

Doug6952

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good but I think as you’ve said, maybe a little more rock in front of the arch so it sort of flows down and away as natural as you can make it.

Maybe a few similar and smaller pieces along the same lines on the other side

When I designed my scape I tried to make everything look as natural as possible but of course it’s very much a personal preference

Anyway make sure you post the final shots for our approval !lol

i should have asked that too.
what are you trying to accomplish with your scape?
I'm trying to accomplish something other than a wall of stacked rocks. Lol
Basically something pleasing to look at that I can place corals on and has a bit of openness.

I added a bit more to it. Rock on front right is not attached yet. Letting it sit there to get a feel for it. Once I get the larger rocks broken up I'll play with it a bit more. Not sure if I'm going to have the center arm that I added join up with the left or go towards the sand.

Attachments

• 20211207_110505.jpg
    20211207_110505.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20211207_111342.jpg
    20211207_111342.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 39

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking at that this morning and figured out a couple of spots to make caves.
For placing coral.. glue them to the structure. Not really sure what your meaning.
Its just preference. I've found it far easier to have lots of flat shelf rock in both of my tanks for placing corals. It also helps with getting light on them as opposed to being glued on the side of a rock.
Then again I don't let anything grow into the rock work. It's a pita if you want to move it later or sell it, frag it, give it away etc... Or just change things up once in awhile. I will put it on a disk once they start encrusting the plug a little before they grow into the rock work. Just giving you another perspective for a year from now when may want to change it up a bit.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to accomplish something other than a wall of stacked rocks. Lol
Basically something pleasing to look at that I can place corals on and has a bit of openness.

I added a bit more to it. Rock on front right is not attached yet. Letting it sit there to get a feel for it. Once I get the larger rocks broken up I'll play with it a bit more. Not sure if I'm going to have the center arm that I added join up with the left or go towards the sand.
I think I prefer a gap between the two sections, but, it looks good and I know I’m no help, it’s down to personal preference….

OP
OP
D

Doug6952

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the layout is just about final. Ran out of glue so it's on hold until order comes in. I'll be adding a small overhang onto the right side of main structure, but that's it except little things where needed. May have a small island or two.

Until the glue comes in I may add some coral epoxy to the underside to reinforce the joints that are just tacked with thick ca. I'll use sand and thin ca on the outer areas.

Don't mind the small pile of rocks in the back right corner. Didn't take them out before taking pics.

20211207_184237.jpg 20211207_213916.jpg 20211207_213958.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back