Looking for other nuvo fusion pro 50 lagoon owners

Oriti352

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently upgraded to a 50 lagoon and was wondering what everyone has equipment wise for their setup. Also what do you use in the bottom chambers that goes under chamber 1 and 2? Any tips on organizing the mess of wires in the cabinet? Thanks in advance
20200717_092718.jpg
20200717_092501.jpg

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know @KJoFan could answer your question but I would also check out this thread on AIOs

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my 50 lagoon a few months ago. Here’s my list of equipment:

Lighting: Radion XR30 Pro Gen 4 w/ Aquaticlife 4 bulb hybrid fixture
Return: IM Mighty Jet pump
Powerheads: 2x AI Nero 5
Filtration: 2x InTank media baskets running filter floss on top, carbon, Purigen, Phosguard (whatever is needed at the time) in the middle compartment, and Seachem Matrix in the bottom of both baskets
Skimmer: IM mid size skimmer
ATO: Aqua Smart AWC/ATO system

I also have the IM media reactor and UV sterilizer for use as needed. I’d like to eventually maybe replace the skimmer with a Santa Monica drop in algae turf scrubber, but have yet to employ that.

For cable management I purchased some cable raceway. I need to use more of it and do more management but it works pretty good. You just stick it on the side of the stand or wherever you need it. I’d like to use more on the back of the tank to try to manage all the cords coming out of the back chambers

For the space under the first chambers I have done nothing with it. I have considered tucking my Seachem Matrix there or just putting some rubble there for pods, sponges and the like to grow.

I hope this helps!

9C93C1DB-3CAE-4ACD-ACA1-80D90B3395AC.png

OP
OP
O

Oriti352

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my 50 lagoon a few months ago. Here’s my list of equipment:

Lighting: Radion XR30 Pro Gen 4 w/ Aquaticlife 4 bulb hybrid fixture
Return: IM Mighty Jet pump
Powerheads: 2x AI Nero 5
Filtration: 2x InTank media baskets running filter floss on top, carbon, Purigen, Phosguard (whatever is needed at the time) in the middle compartment, and Seachem Matrix in the bottom of both baskets
Skimmer: IM mid size skimmer
ATO: Aqua Smart AWC/ATO system

I also have the IM media reactor and UV sterilizer for use as needed. I’d like to eventually maybe replace the skimmer with a Santa Monica drop in algae turf scrubber, but have yet to employ that.

For cable management I purchased some cable raceway. I need to use more of it and do more management but it works pretty good. You just stick it on the side of the stand or wherever you need it. I’d like to use more on the back of the tank to try to manage all the cords coming out of the back chambers

For the space under the first chambers I have done nothing with it. I have considered tucking my Seachem Matrix there or just putting some rubble there for pods, sponges and the like to grow.

I hope this helps!

9C93C1DB-3CAE-4ACD-ACA1-80D90B3395AC.png
Thank you for the information! Would you recommend me running the matrix? I ended up getting a brs reactor and setting it up however the pump is kind of loud lol

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the information! Would you recommend me running the matrix? I ended up getting a brs reactor and setting it up however the pump is kind of loud lol
My nutrients have been staying in line really well. My last test was Nitrates at 10 and PO4 at .05

I wanted to try to keep things as simple and contained as I could which is why I chose the matrix in the media basket vs a reactor.

I guess I can’t say definitively how much the Matrix is doing but it doesn’t seem to be hurting anything either. I give it a rinse every once in awhile in old tank water just to clear any built up gunk out.

I had my doubts On the effectiveness of media just in bags in the filter baskets but I recently took gfo offline because my PO4 was lower than I wanted. So, the method does work.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back