Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whoa homeboy.jpg

maharsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AS others have stated, get a par meter. I couldnt keep Acros after switching to leds. What I thought was sufficient par was way too low. Once I checked my par and found it low, I started running Radions 100% at about 12" inches off the water. All SPS are thriving now.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He posted PAR numbers... 400-500 with Radions at 87% with diffusers. The local shop matched PAR with a LiCor and still had the death. Why is it so hard for some to believe that not all acropora are as easy under LEDs? Guess what... there are more than just this one.

Also, I hate to be even a larger AH, but some of the pics on this thread do not look like Legit ORA Pearlberry to me. This happens with every PB thread.

OP
OP
Mirkus

Mirkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note, my lfs has a piece of pearlberry I gave them years ago. It’s finally growing and doing okay under led’s. I might need to get a frag from them. I think mine are toast.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He posted PAR numbers... 400-500 with Radions at 87% with diffusers. The local shop matched PAR with a LiCor and still had the death. Why is it so hard for some to believe that not all acropora are as easy under LEDs? Guess what... there are more than just this one.

Also, I hate to be even a larger AH, but some of the pics on this thread do not look like Legit ORA Pearlberry to me. This happens with every PB thread.

I honestly don’t know anything about PB Acro being hard under leds, but I do know that a lot of people that are having trouble with leds also assume they are using enough leds when they aren’t.

I missed where he listed his par values. My bad.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a legit pearlberry and it grows just fine under radions.

If anyone is having issues with their coral, no matter what it is, it’s not the lighting that’s causing issues.

Why do we always have to debate this. We get it, you don’t like leds and would never use them. There are also others who switched to led who would never go back to anything else. We know you love metal halides but no need in spreading false information that leds can’t grow coral or color them as well as anything else. I think it’s because metal halides are slowly being phased out but to try and prevent that you keep spreading misinformation to make other lighting systems seem bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mirkus

Mirkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don’t know anything about PB Acro being hard under leds, but I do know that a lot of people that are having trouble with leds also assume they are using enough leds when they aren’t.

Thanks man, no worries. It’s quite easy to miss a post or two-three. I’m not having an acro problem. It’s a pearlberry problem.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don’t you run t5’s too?
Yes my lighting consist of 10 radions and 2 t5’s in front and behind my radions. I was able to get a par meter from a buddy a couple weeks ago and tested par without my t5’s on and par barely changed (5%). The radions do the heavy lifting.

Also if you go to TSA they have zero t5 with their radions and they have the best color I’ve ever seen.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had luck with OG pearlberry under any lighting type. It’s not an easy acro for most systems.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back