Looking for Reef Hobbyists in Wappingers / Beacon / Fishkill / Poughkeepsie area

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we end up with a get-together at my place, it looks to be sometime in October. I'd like to do it before the weather gets cold so we can have a little outdoor time if weather permits. Will narrow that down over the next few days...

count me in, if something comes up my home is always open to HVRK OG's as well we can do it here.

Kilroy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally decided to join this forum before I started building because of this thread. I am in Poughkeepsie, and despite not having anything running yet, would love to meet some hobbyists that I can learn from. If you all will allow the new guy to join in that is?

OP
OP
mattdg

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! The last time I checked this thread, there were only two responses. Clearly many of you have a serious interest in putting together a local meeting.

As you know, I am not one of the original members, but have been reefing since the mid 90's. Sounds like a great opportunity to meet local members, new and old.

@ rhdoug I'm currently available October 5th, 6th, 19th and 20th

Looking forward to meeting some local reef hobbyists and trading a frag or two.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No 5th or 6th, I'm flying the wife to Georgia to swim with the whale sharks for the day.

Any other weekend I'm in. I'll hit up Ross and Stan and let them know what's up once we have a date set. I'm not sure how often Ross checks the forum here.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of ya'll on facebook? We could set up a facebook group for HVRK. So much easier to share tanks photos and videos there.

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No 5th or 6th, I'm flying the wife to Georgia to swim with the whale sharks for the day.

Any other weekend I'm in. I'll hit up Ross and Stan and let them know what's up once we have a date set. I'm not sure how often Ross checks the forum here.

WOW!! SO COOL!!!! Have fun and get some pics, been wanting to go there for a long time. There is a series on Animal Planet (I think) Called "The Aquarium" which is about the Georgia Aquarium, I think it is great. Very interesting stuff on husbandry of their animals (not so much about corals). Still a good watch, fun to see how much the keepers interact with the animals.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!! SO COOL!!!! Have fun and get some pics, been wanting to go there for a long time. There is a series on Animal Planet (I think) Called "The Aquarium" which is about the Georgia Aquarium, I think it is great. Very interesting stuff on husbandry of their animals (not so much about corals). Still a good watch, fun to see how much the keepers interact with the animals.

That show is the reason I'm going believe it or not! My wife is hooked on it, and I figure I've spent enough money on the fishtanks.... I better do something special for her to even the Ol' Scales of Justice so to speak lol. The trip is part of her birthday gift this year. I'm lucky as hell I get to join her lol.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of ya'll on facebook? We could set up a facebook group for HVRK. So much easier to share tanks photos and videos there.

HVRK has a Facebook page. It’s been up for years. I thought Ross set it up.
It’s confusing though as it doesn’t work like a normal page. There are sections
at the top of the page.

0EBFC4C9-CC75-4F72-AAAE-B587883B4401.jpeg

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been to the Georgia aquarium, fascinating to see the whale sharks, hard to believe the tank is as big as they say it,

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come one, come all.

This club had a good run. It’s time to get it back on its feet.
I’d like to take my reefing a little more serious this year.

I’ll be there which ever day you choose Randy. Chris S. is interested. Once I know the date
I’ll call him again.

What do you have to trade Matt?

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Frag of WWC Pandoras, Mr Freeze Leptoseris, and Hollywood Stunner Chalice available if anyone has anything to trade at the meeting. Might have some other stuff available by the time the meeting comes around.

Plenty of Ulva as well if anyone wants some natural tang food or a great macro for nutrient export.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked in with Chris and he said that he will come. He voted for Saturday, so I’m voting for Saturday too.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 17.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back