Looking for Reef Octopus Skimmers and GHL Profilux set ups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm likely going to change out my skimmer. I have a Red Sea RSK600 and it's just not going to do the job long term. So I was looking at the Reef Octopus skimmers. They have several features I really like. However they all say "Apex Ready". OK... How does that help GHL customers? I figure with allot of things we have to figure it out. So I'm hoping someone out there already has there Reef Octopus skimmer set up and running with their GHL.

These are the features the Reef Octopus has that I want to utilize in the GHL. Looking for what some folks might have already done.
Skimmer cup full sensor
Skimmer neck cleaner
0-10V

These are the different Reef Octopus Skimmers I'm considering.

Thanks!
#ghlusers

Last edited:

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reef Octopus skimmer (Regal) and I have been very impressed with it. One of the reasons I chose it was the water output being directed down instead of the standard setup that can spout water up in the air (as regularly happened with my Deltec).

I have the skimmer cup emptying into an Avast skimmate locker and that is GHL enabled and turns the skimmer off when it gets full.

I also have the neck cleaner and that is on a timer on a socket controlled by the Profilux.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bdare
How do you have the overflow switch set up?
Are you using the 0-10v capability?
That all runs off the varios controller automatically. Only thing I have programmed on the profilux is a delayed start after a power failure to give the return pump time to bring the sump to a normal water level so the skimmer doesn't overflow.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That all runs off the varios controller automatically. Only thing I have programmed on the profilux is a delayed start after a power failure to give the return pump time to bring the sump to a normal water level so the skimmer doesn't overflow.
ok, I'm confused then. In Reef Octopus' ads they proudly say the Skimmers are APEX ready. What component of the skimmer is "APEX Ready"? I thought it might be the full sensor..

Like you my present skimmer is similarly set up with delayed restarts.

aquapaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, I'm confused then. In Reef Octopus' ads they proudly say the Skimmers are APEX ready. What component of the skimmer is "APEX Ready"? I thought it might be the full sensor..

Like you my present skimmer is similarly set up with delayed restarts.
The skimmer could be controlled through the 0-10v connection just like with the apex. I use it on the apex to control the air intake on the skimmer. I don’t use a ghl “yet” but am under the impression it could be controlled in the same manner.

Back