Looking for some ID's on tank inhabitants.

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girlfriend's tank has some new (or old) inhabitants. One of her torches looked really bad so she pulled what we thought was a tube worm. We've got a few more of these things growing on a few other plugs.

Also since the last time I've seen her tank she has a large population of these white on her bulkhead wall. What do we think?
PXL_20210306_133751569.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210306_133821861.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210306_133848204.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210306_133852771.PORTRAIT.jpg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first pic looks like a vermatid snail tube to the right of the coral. You can break those off and smash them... easier if you can remove the plug from the tank to do this. Others just superglue over the end of the tube to kill it.

2nd pic possibly a white sponge... hard to tell with that pic.

3rd pic - this little white hard white spots on the wall are probably spinioid worms. They look like tiny white curly snail shells. They are harmless filter feeders. You can scrape them off if you don't like them.

OP
OP
Sharkattackmack

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first pic looks like a vermatid snail tube to the right of the coral. You can break those off and smash them... easier if you can remove the plug from the tank to do this. Others just superglue over the end of the tube to kill it.

2nd pic possibly a white sponge... hard to tell with that pic.

3rd pic - this little white hard white spots on the wall are probably spinioid worms. They look like tiny white curly snail shells. They are harmless filter feeders. You can scrape them off if you don't like them.
Thank you!! This helps us out a lot.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 112 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back