Looking for someone who has been here, advice welcome.

Romeo Kilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AC76DC68-EA22-4286-A2EE-6A4C2A9AE39A.jpeg
E665A10A-E486-47AB-B102-C7C96053C75B.jpeg
AC76DC68-EA22-4286-A2EE-6A4C2A9AE39A.jpeg
E665A10A-E486-47AB-B102-C7C96053C75B.jpeg

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh My God Reaction GIF

Oh my goodness.. I thought that was hair algae at first.

You might as well nuke the tank, start completely fresh, or start a new tank and keep this as an oddly beautiful Aptasia dedicated tank. Maybe you can even become a Peppermint shrimp farmer lol.

Last edited:

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had a bad glass nem problem before but never like that. So sorry for that nightmare.

Yikes!

i would get a file fish (borrow or buy) or start over and boil that rock. that size of an infestation will be almost impossible to eradicate. you have to get every piece of a glass nem or they will grow back.

how big is the display?

Rogued_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sir have found a new business. Go on saltyunderground.com and get yourself a few berghia nudies. They only eat aiptasia so they will have a feast there and also reproduce. While they work and reproduce go to your trusted LFS and tell them you’ll soon have a lot of berghias for sale at $6-10/ea here in Florida they pay around $10/ea.
Good luck

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sir have found a new business. Go on saltyunderground.com and get yourself a few berghia nudies. They only eat aiptasia so they will have a feast there and also reproduce. While they work and reproduce go to your trusted LFS and tell them you’ll soon have a lot of berghias for sale at $6-10/ea here in Florida they pay around $10/ea.
Good luck
This right here. A solution where you make money too.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck

Word, I forgot about them.

OP
OP
R

Romeo Kilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a 190 gallon, i put 16 nudies a month ago. Jeff at reeftown.com hooked me up beautifully, even threw in one for free. They went in never to be seen again... my file fish is useless, eats his body weight in pods(im guessing), but definately not aptasia.
LFS said to sell back the fish and dump in 100 or so peppermint shrimp. Or they would also trade me pound for pound rock but dry.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a 190 gallon, i put 16 nudies a month ago. Jeff at reeftown.com hooked me up beautifully, even threw in one for free. They went in never to be seen again... my file fish is useless, eats his body weight in pods(im guessing), but definately not aptasia.
LFS said to sell back the fish and dump in 100 or so peppermint shrimp. Or they would also trade me pound for pound rock but dry.
I thought the berghias eat it for sure hmmm

OP
OP
R

Romeo Kilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
two urchins
two clowns, maroon and lightening
foxface
harlequin basslet
tomini tang
powder brown tang
blonde naso tang
stupid filefish

a few snails
two emerald crabs, not seen in weeks
maybe two or three hermits not eaten by the basslet
oh, and several hunderd stomatella snails

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i put 16 nudies a month ago
It will take A LOT more than 16 Nudies to make a dent into that. Months before you see any progress. The nudies will need time to bread lay eegs , eggs hatch then babies start to eat mature breed lay eggs so on and so fourth. Each cycle for that is about 6 to 8 weeks.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back