Looking for tank moving companies in Wisconsin

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for any recommendations folks have for a company to move my new tank into the basement. I am in Wisconsin. I contacted several moving companies. Only one got back to me and the quote was over $600 to move my 220 gallon from my garage into the basement and put it on the stand. I have also looked into renting the suction cups from custom aquariums in Neenah and getting enough friends/family over to move the tank, but trying to get enough people over at the same time seems to be next to impossible.
If anyone has suggestions for companies in Wisconsin to contact, please let me know.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking for any recommendations folks have for a company to move my new tank into the basement. I am in Wisconsin. I contacted several moving companies. Only one got back to me and the quote was over $600 to move my 220 gallon from my garage into the basement and put it on the stand. I have also looked into renting the suction cups from custom aquariums in Neenah and getting enough friends/family over to move the tank, but trying to get enough people over at the same time seems to be next to impossible.
If anyone has suggestions for companies in Wisconsin to contact, please let me know.
I simply utilize a moving company with 4-5 guys for manpower. I just used some guys last week.
call them: 414-544-5538
Another is : 262-585-9279

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You can do the suction cups and place the tank in wood and slow glide it down the steps with 2-3 guys guiding it Down And 2-3 persons holding it back to slow the speed going down

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do the suction cups and place the tank in wood and slow glide it down the steps with 2-3 guys guiding it Down And 2-3 persons holding it back to slow the speed going down
If I can get enough folks to help over at one time, I was going to build a sled to put the tank on so we could do that to guide it down the stairs. Busy lives making it tough right now. If I can find a moving company I think is reasonably priced, it will be done quicker. Unfortunately, my wife is so ready to get a big portion of her laundry room back from my "fish stuff". Thanks for your replies.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If I can get enough folks to help over at one time, I was going to build a sled to put the tank on so we could do that to guide it down the stairs. Busy lives making it tough right now. If I can find a moving company I think is reasonably priced, it will be done quicker. Unfortunately, my wife is so ready to get a big portion of her laundry room back from my "fish stuff". Thanks for your replies.
Yes - sled effect from the wood or even carpet remnant

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back