Looking For White Worm or Black Worm culture

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to attempt to breed Bangaii Cardinal's, and I want to set up a white worm or black worm culture to condition them to breed. I was wondering if anyone close had a culture I could have a starter off of? Thanks!

OP
OP
C-Reefer

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order them from California (probably same place as Aquarium gets them from) and a 1/4 lb lasts me about 2 months. Ran out last time and my order wasn't shipped on time and called the aquarium and they were out so I can't tell you how big a scoop is. I started using them when I got my copperband butterfly.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't culture Black Worms, I buy mine from the lfs. I use a Black Worm keeper to store them and keep them alive longer. Every day you'll need to replace the fouled water in the keeper and they will stay alive for months. You can buy the worms and keeper from here. https://www.aquaticfoods.com/BlackwormCareM.html
I do culture White Worms and they are very easy, all you need is a container of dirt. I use a Tupperware with about a few inches of dirt to culture them. All you have to do is keep the dirt moist and add some pieces of bread once and a while for them to feed on. If you can't find any White Worms around you hit me up with a PM and I'll send you some to start your culture.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back