Looking for Yellow tang

eve123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello is anyone selling or know where I can find a yellow tang at a good price?
located in Chicago
Thank you!

377B67AC-67AD-4693-9C2D-15AFAE84E97F.jpeg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me personally have never bought a fish online and doubt i ever will.reason being i want to see fish eating and check to see the fishes condition and want it in lfs tank aslong as possible incase any quick killing dieseses it has caught from importers tank,plus sometimes my parcels get delayed or if its a heavy delivery like salt,ive had a few times delivery driver cannot find my address lol and sometimes takes 2- 3 attempts for me to get it delivered so if say a few fish i was ordering,that water weight could be heavy and its winter here at moment so dont want to stress my fish more than i need to as it had lots stress being caught - bagged up-going to exporters-coming over seas to importer-then lfs go pick them up- then i get from lfs

So me personally i would enquire in your local lfs and if they not got any then maybe they can put you on a list and contact you when they have one,im sure there many lfs in chicago area,if they any good idk as im in england ^_^

Good luck with whatever you decide and btw im not saying do not buy online as its bad as im sure lots people buy online and fish came in good health.

If you do buy online just be wary that the ph in the bag may have dropped and when you open the bag the ph rises and then the none toxic amnonia in the bag becomes toxic if the ph rises so research that if decide buy online,fwiw ive read some shippers starve fish for few days so that the fish in transport produces less amnonia,but you get what im saying

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well im in Northern burbs and was think of getting rid of mine since I can't add any other fish. But I would have to tear down everything to get to it and well I'm not up for that tank is right where I like it. But I have been thinking about it

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really surprised to see what appears to be captive size YT's at my local Petco for $140. About a quarter size and appear to be healthy. The on-line stores appear to be $200+

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back