Looking forward to Reef Tank

kirkleigh84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Kirk. Hello everyone. I have A 55 gal and 29 gal freshwater setup but will be starting my first sw reef tank. Just starting to look for equipment so I will be asking lots of questions. Thanks in advance

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to one of the greatest hobbies ever. Take it slow and research, research and research some more before making livestock and equipment purchases. You will find that in this hobby you will get what you pay for when it comes to equipment so don't make the mistake many of us have time and time again. Buy quality and it will serve you well.

NVTE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome on R2R. Keep asking until you know it.

Sr5_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to one of the greatest hobbies ever. Take it slow and research, research and research some more before making livestock and equipment purchases. You will find that in this hobby you will get what you pay for when it comes to equipment so don't make the mistake many of us have time and time again. Buy quality and it will serve you well.
This is some good info. Do a lot of research before you buy anything, ask questions and post here before you take a step to get some reefers opinions and experiences. I have upgraded a lot of equipment many different times so the best way to roll as a newb is to go all out the first time. Save you a headache and some chip!

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Take the advice that has already been said, it takes time. The more time you take, the more time you'll save in the end and less headache.

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. I would plan what it is you want to achieve and then research how to get there. I am on Murfman V. 3.0, all this in 5 years. I could have saved a lot of $$ had I planned it right the 1st time.

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes plan ahead one big thing is if you plan on having corals. i was one of those who said low light corals will be enough. a year later i sold my pcs and bought mh set up. i should of bought mh or a good t5 from the start. good lock with the hobby

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, I only wish I had the money from the upgrades I made.... or will make when I find something else I should have read more about.

Back