Looking to add some new inverts to my tank..

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

My tank has been fallow for a long time and I am looking into changing that!
I have a 65 gallon display with a 40 gallon sump. I probably have over 90 lbs of live rock in my sump and about 40 or something pounds throughout my display tank. I went fallow following an ich outbreak and then was discouraged to continue.. I left my tank up and didn’t really do much except my refill my ato and whatnot.

now it’s been years since I’ve had fish but I am looking to start with inverts as they are interesting to me.. I made a nice little list of stuff such as a turbo snail ( to compliment the one I’ve had this whole time) a few other different snails and I was looking to add some hermit crabs as well.. ( little guys hopefully mostly reef safe) and a porcelain crab.. I currently have some little hermits ( not many and some random snails as well!)

I want to add some other little things to my tank like a urchin or something cool... and wanted some suggestions!

I know I need to start to feed my tank which I haven’t really been doing but that’s fine.. I just want easier inverts to deal with as I’m going to be moving down the line and don’t want a bunch of fish to have to move but inverts will be easier I feel...

Thanks!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tuxedo, pincushion, short and long spine urchins are fun. You could also do conchs, feather dusters (need to be fed phyto), nassarius snails, brittle and serpent stars, maybe a purple reef lobster, anemones (if u have the right lighting), shrimps, etc.. Does this tank have coral?

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tuxedo, pincushion, short and long spine urchins are fun. You could also do conchs, feather dusters (need to be fed phyto), nassarius snails, brittle and serpent stars, maybe a purple reef lobster, anemones (if u have the right lighting), shrimps, etc.. Does this tank have coral?
My tank does have some corals... the ones that have survived the long haul lol.. I got a large Duncan with a lot of heads.. some other random corals as wel.. the idea is to introduce a a cuc to help with the excess algae that my water changes and siphoning aren’t doing.. I don’t want want a bunch of snails as I know they will most likely die.. I planned like less than 5 of each and most have different jobs..

I’d prob stay away from anything invert wise that would be questionable with fish going forward.. I don’t really want to create an aggressive tank but I do understand some hermits and whatnot come with a risk.. I plan on getting mostly smaller ones.

The porcelain crab I like as I don’t have to really worry with it eating or bothering anything..

Going forward I will need to start to come up with a feeding schedule as I don’t currently feed anything as there isn’t much to feed..

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my current shopping list... dont feel its too much for my 65 gallon.. but who knows?
1610930557199.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back