Looking to add some new inverts to my tank..

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

My tank has been fallow for a long time and I am looking into changing that!
I have a 65 gallon display with a 40 gallon sump. I probably have over 90 lbs of live rock in my sump and about 40 or something pounds throughout my display tank. I went fallow following an ich outbreak and then was discouraged to continue.. I left my tank up and didn’t really do much except my refill my ato and whatnot.

now it’s been years since I’ve had fish but I am looking to start with inverts as they are interesting to me.. I made a nice little list of stuff such as a turbo snail ( to compliment the one I’ve had this whole time) a few other different snails and I was looking to add some hermit crabs as well.. ( little guys hopefully mostly reef safe) and a porcelain crab.. I currently have some little hermits ( not many and some random snails as well!)

I want to add some other little things to my tank like a urchin or something cool... and wanted some suggestions!

I know I need to start to feed my tank which I haven’t really been doing but that’s fine.. I just want easier inverts to deal with as I’m going to be moving down the line and don’t want a bunch of fish to have to move but inverts will be easier I feel...

Thanks!

SWEET 17 Live Sale!

Spare time

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Tuxedo, pincushion, short and long spine urchins are fun. You could also do conchs, feather dusters (need to be fed phyto), nassarius snails, brittle and serpent stars, maybe a purple reef lobster, anemones (if u have the right lighting), shrimps, etc.. Does this tank have coral?

OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Tuxedo, pincushion, short and long spine urchins are fun. You could also do conchs, feather dusters (need to be fed phyto), nassarius snails, brittle and serpent stars, maybe a purple reef lobster, anemones (if u have the right lighting), shrimps, etc.. Does this tank have coral?
My tank does have some corals... the ones that have survived the long haul lol.. I got a large Duncan with a lot of heads.. some other random corals as wel.. the idea is to introduce a a cuc to help with the excess algae that my water changes and siphoning aren’t doing.. I don’t want want a bunch of snails as I know they will most likely die.. I planned like less than 5 of each and most have different jobs..

I’d prob stay away from anything invert wise that would be questionable with fish going forward.. I don’t really want to create an aggressive tank but I do understand some hermits and whatnot come with a risk.. I plan on getting mostly smaller ones.

The porcelain crab I like as I don’t have to really worry with it eating or bothering anything..

Going forward I will need to start to come up with a feeding schedule as I don’t currently feed anything as there isn’t much to feed..

OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This was my current shopping list... dont feel its too much for my 65 gallon.. but who knows?
1610930557199.png

Tidal Gardens