• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking to buy a stand for Apex Trident

BillyW

FOWLR while out on the island of Oahu!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s absolutely no room under my stand so I invested in a cabinet next to my stand and it’s darn near full now too. My wife being the rockstar ****** that she is got me a Trident for our anniversary. I want to put it in the stand but still be able to get the most out of the room in the stand so the picture is where I want to put it. 2 legs on one side and screw it into the little lip where the shelf was.

Here is a base I found on thingverse that looks like it would work but I have no idea as I’m not a 3D printer savvy person. I could probably just use a single piece of pvc for the leg on the side or cut an acrylic pointer to length for 2 legs, I sintLet me know if this is feasible or if I should just go buy some acrylic from Home Depot and cut it and use that.

EC7C9E59-7828-4027-9320-2A3BBD1C603E.jpeg

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im probably going to design one myself since I just bought a trident myself. I’ll drop you a update if I do.

Reefnoobz90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s absolutely no room under my stand so I invested in a cabinet next to my stand and it’s darn near full now too. My wife being the rockstar ****** that she is got me a Trident for our anniversary. I want to put it in the stand but still be able to get the most out of the room in the stand so the picture is where I want to put it. 2 legs on one side and screw it into the little lip where the shelf was.

Here is a base I found on thingverse that looks like it would work but I have no idea as I’m not a 3D printer savvy person. I could probably just use a single piece of pvc for the leg on the side or cut an acrylic pointer to length for 2 legs, I sintLet me know if this is feasible or if I should just go buy some acrylic from Home Depot and cut it and use that.

EC7C9E59-7828-4027-9320-2A3BBD1C603E.jpeg
I used clear choice aquatics to print me a tank mounted base for my scrubber. I have only test fit it so far but but it's perfect. I contacted them on instagram, they have some cool videos.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can make them pretty simply from acrylic. Ive made a dozen like this (In my case mounting the Trident to the stand instead of on top of ATO reservoir).

IMG_0509.jpeg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can make them pretty simply from acrylic. Ive made a dozen like this (In my case mounting the Trident to the stand instead of on top of ATO reservoir).

IMG_0509.jpeg
@TheHarold are you selling these? Could you make one to sell to me and what would you charge?

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you end up getting one?

OP
OP
BillyW

BillyW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I haven’t it’s currently sitting on the cabinet next to my tank, someone messaged me and said they could make one for $80, but I can think of a lot of other things to spend the money on right now. I’d still like to get one though

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could probably print something but seems like it would be pretty straight forward to just make a small shelf out of a small piece of wood and a couple L (corner) brackets.
I was looking for something that has a better appearance personally. The one Harold made was legit but he said it wouldn’t hold the trident screwed into a 2x4.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is what I came up with. Top has 4 indents for the rubber feet to sit into so it won't slide off so easily when pulling the tray out. Held on with 4 #10 screws. A 1" screw will project out the back side by 5/8" so should go into 3/4" thick wood without going all the way through.
IMG_4854[1].JPG
IMG_4855[1].JPG

OP
OP
BillyW

BillyW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is what I came up with. Top has 4 indents for the rubber feet to sit into so it won't slide off so easily when pulling the tray out. Held on with 4 #10 screws. A 1" screw will project out the back side by 5/8" so should go into 3/4" thick wood without going all the way through.
IMG_4854[1].JPG
IMG_4855[1].JPG
How much you want for that?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trimmed the design down a bit on the platform thickness since the weight is primarily over the supports where the feet rest. Also trimmed a bit here and there. Going to print one tonight and see how it looks in the morning. I do want to mount it to a piece of plywood and test how well it supports the Trident. I wanted to also note the Trident can face either way on the shelf so it would be mountable anywhere inside the cabinet.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update.. had to do some printing for the wife. Have one on the printer now to see how things go with printer settings etc. I am using ABS which has a tendency to warp. I ordered a roll of PLA and I have some PETG if the ABS gives me problems with such a large flat object. This is a big item and takes a loooong time to print.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back