Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

Eric Smith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This means I can't use the net module without the sid? I assume you have to my reef setup first before using the net module? If that is correct than I really cant do anything untill I get the sid v2.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This means I can't use the net module without the sid? I assume you have to my reef setup first before using the net module? If that is correct than I really cant do anything untill I get the sid v2.

The NET module and myReef have nothing to do with each other. myReef only works via the SID. Then NET module has its own webpages.

Eric Smith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks, going through the manual and will setup the network. Can you program from net module webpages or just track?

Thanks

Eric Smith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have 1.10 firmware on my RKE and no option for Com in system settings, so I cant setup the net module. I guess I need to upgrade fimware for head unit to work with net module. Can I upload firmware with my old sid? Will I have to find version 1 of my reef, and I need to find the newer firmware evan if it doesnt work with my reef 1 for future.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have 1.10 firmware on my RKE and no option for Com in system settings, so I cant setup the net module. I guess I need to upgrade fimware for head unit to work with net module. Can I upload firmware with my old sid? Will I have to find version 1 of my reef, and I need to find the newer firmware evan if it doesnt work with my reef 1 for future.

I don't think there was a myReef version 1. myReef came out with version 2.xx of the reefkeeper and the RKE is now version 3.xx if you have the RKEv2. Hopefully you have someone near you that will let you borrow a SID to update you modules and RKE head unit. There was a different program to update with via the SID before myReef. I don't think I have a copy of that program anymore. That was back around 2008.

Eric Smith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. I will try and but one if I can. Does anyone have the newer firmware so I can upgrade my ReefKeeper Elite V2 so I have it when I get a SID. Hopefully after the upgrade the option will be available to use my Netmodule. So I am stuck.

Thanks

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still have that extra sid? I would be willing to purchase it if you did. I am looking for V2 Sid

Thanks
Eric
I can send you the firmware. You have an RKE, NET, PC4 and SL1. Any other modules? Send me a PM with your email address. Don't forget to check with a reef club in your area. Someone may have a SID you can use temporarily to get your system updated. Caution on the NET the webpages will need to be updated prior to updating firmware. You have to update the webpages via the web pages.

Last edited:

Dekes1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can send you the firmware. You have an RKE, NET, PC4 and SL1. Any other modules? Send me a PM with your email address. Don't forget to check with a reef club in your area. Someone may have a SID you can use temporarily to get your system updated. Caution on the NET the webpages will need to be updated prior to updating firmware. You have to update the webpages via the web pages.
I’m wondering if you can share the latest firmwares you have. I recently bought the NET controller to add to my RKE system but it turns out it isn’t updated for use with some of the newer modules. Specifically, I have a PB8 and a SLX which are both not in the current firmware. Any help would be most appreciated!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering if you can share the latest firmwares you have. I recently bought the NET controller to add to my RKE system but it turns out it isn’t updated for use with some of the newer modules. Specifically, I have a PB8 and a SLX which are both not in the current firmware. Any help would be most appreciated!

What firmware version do you have on it? What webpage version do you have? The PB8 will work on the RKE?

Dekes1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What firmware version do you have on it? What webpage version do you have? The PB8 will work on the RKE?

The PB8 is working with the RKE, although it’s sometimes a bit flaky.

My NET details are as follows:
Firmware version 2.09
Webpage version 2.10

My RKE is Rev 3.02
Thanks!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The firmware I have is 2.09. I do have webpages 2.11 and 2.12. if you PM me your email I will send both to you. If I remember correctly you have to update the webpages via the webpages.

Dekes1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The firmware I have is 2.09. I do have webpages 2.11 and 2.12. if you PM me your email I will send both to you. If I remember correctly you have to update the webpages via the webpages.

Updating to 2.12 fixed my issues, thanks so much!

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RKL showed up today and the guy provided the RKL, PB8, & SL2 modules. When I plug it in and open the MyReef 2.0 software I downloaded using your link, the PB8 won't register and if I try to open its settings, it tells me its mislabeled and asks me to provide a correct label where PB8 is not an option, only PB4 & PC4. Any idea how to fix this? Also, it appears I have the 2.09 firmware, would that be the most recent?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the system all hooked up and then plug in the usb cord, or are you trying to plug the units in individually? Also do you have power going to the PB8 when you plug it in or is it unplugged?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back