Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready to help with programming and other issues. I was a team DA member.

Maybe you will be able to provide assistance with my issue. I bought a RKL unit with PB8 & SL2 module. It came with SID V2 and I want to program everything but when I connect to my laptop and try to program, the PB8 comes up as "???????" and if I try to do anything with it, a notification appears stating it has been mislabeled and asks me to correctly identify it but PB8 is not an option, only PC4 & PB4. If I try to just plug in the powerbar alone, nothing comes up at all.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you will be able to provide assistance with my issue. I bought a RKL unit with PB8 & SL2 module. It came with SID V2 and I want to program everything but when I connect to my laptop and try to program, the PB8 comes up as "???????" and if I try to do anything with it, a notification appears stating it has been mislabeled and asks me to correctly identify it but PB8 is not an option, only PC4 & PB4. If I try to just plug in the powerbar alone, nothing comes up at all.

It sounds like the PB8 is not supported in that version of myReef. I am not sure it was ever supported by myReef. I will have to check and see if I have a myReef folder for a PB8. Do not try and update the firmware since we don't have a way to get the correct version back on the PB8. Odds are all the modules you have are up to date. There were not many changes the last coupe of years except for the Archon itself. I don't have the PB8 myself. I have around 9 of the PC4's and one PB4 so I never needed the PB8.

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like the PB8 is not supported in that version of myReef. I am not sure it was ever supported by myReef. I will have to check and see if I have a myReef folder for a PB8. Do not try and update the firmware since we don't have a way to get the correct version back on the PB8. Odds are all the modules you have are up to date. There were not many changes the last coupe of years except for the Archon itself. I don't have the PB8 myself. I have around 9 of the PC4's and one PB4 so I never needed the PB8.

Is there Archon software that would enable me to atleast change the names of each outlet and I can do the rest thru the head unit itself? I didn't even realize the Archon was pretty much seperate from the RK lines. Both the PB8 and SL2-V2 have the Archon style with blue labels.

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, Im not just new to ReefKeepers but new to the hobby as well so I dont really know the history of these products. I just saw a much cheaper controller than could do everything I wanted it to do

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Archon naming is done only on the Archon head unit. It does not change anything on the module itself. The Archon was web based and did not have a myReef program to use with it. It did not need one since it is basically a linux based computer with a built in module. I checked the folders with myReef on my computer and there were no folders that had any information on the PB8. There are 3 folders that are empty. My guess that one of these was for the PB8 once myReef was updated to support it. I have a AVC module and there is no myReef folder for it either. The Archon is compatible with most of the modules with exception of the SID, NET and RD1 modules. I don't remember DA selling a RKL or RKE system with the PB8 module. If fact there was talk about making that module Archon only at one time. I guess they did decide to support it on the RKL and RKE units after all since it appears to work on your RKL.

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Archon naming is done only on the Archon head unit. It does not change anything on the module itself. The Archon was web based and did not have a myReef program to use with it. It did not need one since it is basically a linux based computer with a built in module. I checked the folders with myReef on my computer and there were no folders that had any information on the PB8. There are 3 folders that are empty. My guess that one of these was for the PB8 once myReef was updated to support it. I have a AVC module and there is no myReef folder for it either. The Archon is compatible with most of the modules with exception of the SID, NET and RD1 modules. I don't remember DA selling a RKL or RKE system with the PB8 module. If fact there was talk about making that module Archon only at one time. I guess they did decide to support it on the RKL and RKE units after all since it appears to work on your RKL.

So basically, I should still be able to program what I need to through the RKL display as long as I can remember what I plug into which channel? It really sucks this company ghosted because they are the cheapest controllers I have found that actually provide the functions I need without all the extras I dont and the hefty price tag that comes with them. I guess i'm going to play around with this for a bit and see what I can do. So is there a NET module for the RKL and if so, is it worth getting or not really? I do plan to eventually upgrade to an Apex but would like to know im going to be staying in the hobby for a while before investing another $500-1000. I appreciate you trying to help either way though. Like I said, still new to hobby and this is first controller so I got some more learning to do.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically, I should still be able to program what I need to through the RKL display as long as I can remember what I plug into which channel? It really sucks this company ghosted because they are the cheapest controllers I have found that actually provide the functions I need without all the extras I dont and the hefty price tag that comes with them. I guess i'm going to play around with this for a bit and see what I can do. So is there a NET module for the RKL and if so, is it worth getting or not really? I do plan to eventually upgrade to an Apex but would like to know im going to be staying in the hobby for a while before investing another $500-1000. I appreciate you trying to help either way though. Like I said, still new to hobby and this is first controller so I got some more learning to do.

The NET module will work with the RKL if you can find one. You will have to have ddns service to get to it via the internet though. The email function is the old style which most of the email servers no longer support. It did work on Time Warner the last time I used it but that was a few years back. If you want the graphing and minimal programming via the NET then it is still worth it. If I remember right you can program an output provided the alarms and timers are already programmed that you are going to use via the NET module. I am not sure if the PB8 would be supported. Hopefully someone with a PB8 and a RKE or RKL can answer.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. It's been a while since I've checked into this thread. I have a question. Does anyone know where I can get replacement temp probes. One of my probes reads in high hundred. The other on for some reason is somehow reading backwards. If I calibrate at 76.9 as the temp in the tank goes up the RKE display says that the temp is going down. Now if I try to calibrate at 77 or above the temp on the display will keep rising and the tank temp drops because the heater isn't being called for.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. It's been a while since I've checked into this thread. I have a question. Does anyone know where I can get replacement temp probes. One of my probes reads in high hundred. The other on for some reason is somehow reading backwards. If I calibrate at 76.9 as the temp in the tank goes up the RKE display says that the temp is going down. Now if I try to calibrate at 77 or above the temp on the display will keep rising and the tank temp drops because the heater isn't being called for.
Check out this thread https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/alternatives-to-digital-aquatics-probes-and-parts.439573/. There is no plug in replacement probe, but the thermistor is available.

Reab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would post this here.
I received this from DA when my RKE temp probe would not calibrate correctly. At the time, it was a known issue and this was their recommended fix. After I did this, my temp probe worked perfectly.

If anyone is having temp probe calibration issues, give it a try.

Interrupted Update Process

To perform an "Interrupted Update,” go through the Update steps below until step 7. Once the green progress bar in your MyReef screen starts to move, unplug the module from the SID (not the SID from the computer). After MyReef completes the update, it will display an error message, "Update Failed."

Unplug the SID, close MyReef, then restart MyReef. Once MyReef is restarted, reconnect the SID. When the SID appears in the MyReef software, reconnect your Module to the SID. MyReef will show it as "?????", and you can select the appropriate Module from the list and it will reassign a new serial number. You can then re-update the unit by following the Update steps again, without the interruption.

The order in which things occur can be very important, so please be sure to follow the steps closely.

How to Update the Module

Do not attempt to update any of the modules while they are connected together, even if the software indicates that they need updating. Each module must be updated individually.

Here are the steps you should take to update the Module:

From a fresh restart of the computer, please make sure the SID is not connected to the computer and is not connected to the ReefKeeper system. The module should be unplugged from the power outlet or powered off.

1. Open the MyReef software application

2. Connect your SID to your computer via USB.

3. In myReef, verify that the SID shows up under “Systems” in the left hand tree view.

4. Plug in ONLY your Module. It should appear under the SID in the “Systems” on the left hand tree view.

5. Click on the ‘Update” button to the right of the Module. MyReef will display the firmware update screen and automatically select the most recent firmware version to update.

6. Click the “Program” button. The progress bar at the top of the screen will begin to move.

7. Once the Module has been updated successfully, verify that MyReef correctly reports the current firmware.

8. Close MyReef and disconnect the SID from the computer as well as the module.

Once that is complete, plug the module back into the ReefKeeper system.

OMG! Thank you!!!! Worked like a charm!

cortland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about myReef it should be OK. You could alway install on a different computer to try it out. That way it will not mess up your current install.
I downloaded it seams to work fine, theProblem is it says my sid will not handle 2.0 or newer thank for get back to me Cory

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded it seams to work fine, theProblem is it says my sid will not handle 2.0 or newer thank for get back to me Cory

The SID is myReef ready or it is not. It does not vary depending on myReef version. Which version of the SID do you have. There are 2 one is a small rectangular box that requires a buss cable and a USB cable. This is the first version of the SID. It should have a sticker that says myReef ready if it is compatible. The other version is myReef ready.

Have the computer running with myReef running. Then hookup the SID to the computer. After that you can hook it up to the running system unless you are going to update firmware. If you are updating firmware on a module make sure they are hooked up one at a time to do this. If you need firmware for a module let us know and we will see what we can do.

cortland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SID is myReef ready or it is not. It does not vary depending on myReef version. Which version of the SID do you have. There are 2 one is a small rectangular box that requires a buss cable and a USB cable. This is the first version of the SID. It should have a sticker that says myReef ready if it is compatible. The other version is myReef ready.

Have the computer running with myReef running. Then hookup the SID to the computer. After that you can hook it up to the running system unless you are going to update firmware. If you are updating firmware on a module make sure they are hooked up one at a time to do this. If you need firmware for a module let us know and we will see what we can do.

Mine is rectangular box that requires a buss cable and a USB cable There is no sticker it.01.11 ver
I want to say it was bought in 2010 any ideas? Thank you

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is rectangular box that requires a buss cable and a USB cable There is no sticker it.01.11 ver
I want to say it was bought in 2010 any ideas? Thank you
Digital Aquatics had a program to return them for a upgrade, but that was stopped years ago. You might be able to pick up a SID from someone parting out a system. Keep an eye on eBay and the forums for one.

cortland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digital Aquatics had a program to return them for a upgrade, but that was stopped years ago. You might be able to pick up a SID from someone parting out a system. Keep an eye on eBay and the forums for one.
Thank you

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back