Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

nosmok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon if this has been asked and answered... I have a Reefkeeper Elite with 3 PC4's and a SL1 unit. I only had the temperature input until recently when I decided to purchase a BRS pH probe. When I plugged it into the SL1, there is no indication that it was recognized. When I highlight the SL1 on my input and hit enter, no function screen comes up either. I am getting temperature readings and the SL1 flashes when I select input. Is the unit bad or am I missing a step?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon if this has been asked and answered... I have a Reefkeeper Elite with 3 PC4's and a SL1 unit. I only had the temperature input until recently when I decided to purchase a BRS pH probe. When I plugged it into the SL1, there is no indication that it was recognized. When I highlight the SL1 on my input and hit enter, no function screen comes up either. I am getting temperature readings and the SL1 flashes when I select input. Is the unit bad or am I missing a step?

Sorry it has been a while since I used the RKE, but I believe it is normal for the module to flash when you access it with the head unit. Once you hit input you will have to select the SL1 then the port you want. You will have to calibrate the port to your new probe. Unfortunately I broke the display on my RKE so I will not be much help on navigating the menu's.

nosmok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it has been a while since I used the RKE, but I believe it is normal for the module to flash when you access it with the head unit. Once you hit input you will have to select the SL1 then the port you want. You will have to calibrate the port to your new probe. Unfortunately I broke the display on my RKE so I will not be much help on navigating the menu's.
When I select SL1 it doesn't show the pH probe and I cant select any of the ports seen on the screen

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I select SL1 it doesn't show the pH probe and I cant select any of the ports seen on the screen

Is the light on the SL1 flashing all the time regardless of where the attention of the head unit is? If so this is a sign that it is not communicating with the head unit correctly. Try a different buss cable or reseat the cable at both ends.

nosmok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the light on the SL1 flashing all the time regardless of where the attention of the head unit is? If so this is a sign that it is not communicating with the head unit correctly. Try a different buss cable or reseat the cable at both ends.
When I press input, the light continues to flash until it reverts back to the home screen. I tried wiggling the buss cables and nothing changes. I do see the temperature reading on the input screen. Is it possible the cables need to be switched? Is there an in and out buss?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the status light on the module is on solid when not being accessed then comunication is OK. The SL1 has 5 ports. All are input ports. These all shoild be on the input screen once you select the SL1 form the input screen. You will have to select the SL1 module even if it is the only input module.

OldManSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the company stopped manufacture, I bought a bunch of reefkeeper stuff used to use on my many freshwater tanks. At first none were recognized by any of my existing stuff and the RKE that came with the used stuff didn’t talk to anything. I ran the update software on each component - a couple of times - then turned the system off and unplugged everything (each time I ran the update it would say update successful and then say update failed). When I strung everything back together all components spoke to my existing RKE as well as the one I got with the stuff (of course I only had one controller attached at a time). I don’t know why it took a couple of update sessions for each component since each seemed to have the current software version already, but the system has worked without a hitch for a year or so now, controlling heaters and lights for a rack of 8 tanks. It might be worthwhile to try it out.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the company stopped manufacture, I bought a bunch of reefkeeper stuff used to use on my many freshwater tanks. At first none were recognized by any of my existing stuff and the RKE that came with the used stuff didn’t talk to anything. I ran the update software on each component - a couple of times - then turned the system off and unplugged everything (each time I ran the update it would say update successful and then say update failed). When I strung everything back together all components spoke to my existing RKE as well as the one I got with the stuff (of course I only had one controller attached at a time). I don’t know why it took a couple of update sessions for each component since each seemed to have the current software version already, but the system has worked without a hitch for a year or so now, controlling heaters and lights for a rack of 8 tanks. It might be worthwhile to try it out.
Were you doing a interrupted update or a regular update?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly can't believe they shelved the whole website and all support, such a dick move by whoever bought them
Dynon Instruments has alway owned Digital Aquatics. They just decided to get out of the aquarium and herp controller business and concentrate on their avionics instruments. The manufacturing was done by the same facilities for the aquarium, herp controllers and their avionics. If you look at the circuit boards it will have a Dynon Instruments on them. I don't like the way they went about getting out of the controller business either.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I press input, the light continues to flash until it reverts back to the home screen. I tried wiggling the buss cables and nothing changes. I do see the temperature reading on the input screen. Is it possible the cables need to be switched? Is there an in and out buss?
Have you tried doing a reset all to factory defaults on the controller. This will erase all your programming and delete and re assign all modules. So you will have to reprogram everything if you do this.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too, am a former Team DA member and can help when available.

Danny been a long time!! I recently came back and was shocked DA just left.
Hey it is good to here from you. I hope everything has been going well.

FunnierThanUThink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I just bought a second RKL system for the SL2 module. I was trying to update my new RKL head unit and I get: "A valid programming file has not been loaded!
Un-acceptable file:"
I have done a factory reset and made sure it will connect to my reef in settingss. The new head unit currently has software version 2.06 and the sid V2 is updated to 2.09

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey it is good to here from you. I hope everything has been going well.
Been doing good. I got out in 2013 as work got too crazy and the international travel. Seems like that Macna show in Dallas was forever ago hehe. Ironically ill be in Florida during Macna this year so we may take a day free up up to Orlamdo.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back