Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

DazAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joshua I have one that did that after a lightning strike. I lost a surround sound receiver at the same time. I could get it to show on myReef and update it but It would not connect to the system.
Wow! That stinks! Yeah I'm guessing this one was miss treated as theres salt all over it. I still have one good working one. I just might need to track down a second one now.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a spare so it was just a matter of hooking it up and reprogramming. Don't forget the PB4 will also connect to you system. It doesn't have the current readback but does have a higer current supply for the buss and CH2 and CH3 has circuitry added to allow low power pumps to be used on these outputs. The PB4 replaced the PC4 a few years back.

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the PC4 check it's manual function with it plugged in and no bus cables attached. You should be able to turn on an off all channels with a light tap/press of your finger. If good results, attach a known good bus cable to the head unit. The test Head unit and PC4 attached only. No other modules should be attached at this time. If the PC4 is still blinking...try another good buss cable... if still blinking... the PC4 comm is bad. Next perform an interrupted update on the PC4 through MyReef. SID and PC4 attached only. If you see ???????? for the module you maybe able to re-update/or interrupt update it. If it does not take the update.... it's fair to say you now have spare parts.

The take away is: Replacements are limited to the stock in the field that is made available. It's now more important than ever to put all your DA equipment behind an APC/UPS. You can find them so cheap these days on FBMarket place that there really is no need to contemplate the costs anymore. IMHO... surge protector strips will NOT suffice. n2585722 is right... our electrical grid and our sensitive electronics, is very vulnerable to a wide variety of conditions... Lightening being the most pervasive.

DazAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the PC4 check it's manual function with it plugged in and no bus cables attached. You should be able to turn on an off all channels with a light tap/press of your finger. If good results, attach a known good bus cable to the head unit. The test Head unit and PC4 attached only. No other modules should be attached at this time. If the PC4 is still blinking...try another good buss cable... if still blinking... the PC4 comm is bad. Next perform an interrupted update on the PC4 through MyReef. SID and PC4 attached only. If you see ???????? for the module you maybe able to re-update/or interrupt update it. If it does not take the update.... it's fair to say you now have spare parts.

The take away is: Replacements are limited to the stock in the field that is made available. It's now more important than ever to put all your DA equipment behind an APC/UPS. You can find them so cheap these days on FBMarket place that there really is no need to contemplate the costs anymore. IMHO... surge protector strips will NOT suffice. n2585722 is right... our electrical grid and our sensitive electronics, is very vulnerable to a wide variety of conditions... Lightening being the most pervasive.
Could I take some pictures of what the pc4 is doing and pm you? Maybe you could help walk me through the process as we go. I’d really love to get it working.

aktopjian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone help me out. Is there a way to say to setup a feed mode? So I can like hit a menu option to shut off the pumps for say like 5 minutes?

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone help me out. Is there a way to say to setup a feed mode? So I can like hit a menu option to shut off the pumps for say like 5 minutes?
Describe the system you have Lite, Elite, Archon??...

It's sound from the onset this would be a good use of 1-4 STBY modes.

aktopjian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Describe the system you have Lite, Elite, Archon??...

It's sound from the onset this would be a good use of 1-4 STBY modes.
Yeah the system I have would probably help with the question. Using the elite V2, all upgraded to the last updates. My reef 2.0. Yeah the standby modes sounds like what I'm looking for. Would like to setup one for like a feed mode and one for a maintenance thing so I can shut down pumps to the reactors and skimmer to clean those.

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elite... yes that is what those standby mode are good for. Just set the time(r) on the standby of your choice... select the module/channel you would like on/or off. when that standby is selected test it... and you should be good to go...

killinit123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all does anyone know if I can use a Mac to download myreef 2.0? I'm not sure if this is already mentioned in this thread and I apologize if it is. thanks in advance for your responses

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
myReef is a PC only program. Not sure if there is a way to use it on the Mac. I am not a Mac person so I don't know.

Last edited:

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
myReef is a PC only program. Not sure if there is a way to use it on the Mac. I am not a Mc person so I don't know.
I think the Mac can run a window's emulator. MyReef I'm pretty sure is a Window's environment program. If he does run in in emulator mode...sure would like to know if it works for him.

DazAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if this is specifically the right spot for this but my temp probe connector needs replaced. Or redone? Basically one of the wires came out. Where can I get a new connector? anyone know?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if this is specifically the right spot for this but my temp probe connector needs replaced. Or redone? Basically one of the wires came out. Where can I get a new connector? anyone know?
Is it the iTemp probe or the one that connects to the temp port on a SL module?

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along as I'm still using a RKE and love it. I have it controlling one tank and now setting it up to control a second. Thanks for the reminder to get a UPS to backup critical systems.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn’t this thread a sticky? If so why was the status changed?

Fish man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately Digital Aquatics has discontinued their ReefKeeper line and with it the Website and the download link for MyReef 2.0

Did you recently acquire a used ReefKeeper and need to download MyReef 2.0?
Don't worry I've got you covered!
Select the Zip file below!
I would also like to turn this into a support thread being that DA is no longer offering support. So I'm hoping that along with myself, other users can help out and offer support to users in need of it.
Happy Reefing :D
I'm new so I apologize in advance if I'm not posting correctly. My RKL has gone down. I have no Lights on the head unit or the PB4. When I plugged the head unit into the SID V2 the top 3 blue module lights on the right hand side flash about every 10 seconds. Can I recover this unit? I have My Reef 2.0 downloaded. When Plugged in My Reef recognizes the SID and the head unit.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back