Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you... It looks like the prior owner already updated. I'll tell you, I'd like to try to find the module lT 2. I have LT1. I'm not interested in ORP. But OH and salinity would be helpful.

Ian Elbrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready to help with programming and other issues. I was a team DA member.
I would love to have copies of the hex files as I just bought a whole other system for backups and don’t what updates they have on them

Ian Elbrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I think I found a source for the molex itemp probe. I ordered one and they showed having a few more in stock. I will update everyone if mine arrives.

scurvy dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would post this here.
I received this from DA when my RKE temp probe would not calibrate correctly. At the time, it was a known issue and this was their recommended fix. After I did this, my temp probe worked perfectly.

If anyone is having temp probe calibration issues, give it a try.

Interrupted Update Process

To perform an "Interrupted Update,” go through the Update steps below until step 7. Once the green progress bar in your MyReef screen starts to move, unplug the module from the SID (not the SID from the computer). After MyReef completes the update, it will display an error message, "Update Failed."

Unplug the SID, close MyReef, then restart MyReef. Once MyReef is restarted, reconnect the SID. When the SID appears in the MyReef software, reconnect your Module to the SID. MyReef will show it as "?????", and you can select the appropriate Module from the list and it will reassign a new serial number. You can then re-update the unit by following the Update steps again, without the interruption.

The order in which things occur can be very important, so please be sure to follow the steps closely.

How to Update the Module

Do not attempt to update any of the modules while they are connected together, even if the software indicates that they need updating. Each module must be updated individually.

Here are the steps you should take to update the Module:

From a fresh restart of the computer, please make sure the SID is not connected to the computer and is not connected to the ReefKeeper system. The module should be unplugged from the power outlet or powered off.

1. Open the MyReef software application

2. Connect your SID to your computer via USB.

3. In myReef, verify that the SID shows up under “Systems” in the left hand tree view.

4. Plug in ONLY your Module. It should appear under the SID in the “Systems” on the left hand tree view.

5. Click on the ‘Update” button to the right of the Module. MyReef will display the firmware update screen and automatically select the most recent firmware version to update.

6. Click the “Program” button. The progress bar at the top of the screen will begin to move.

7. Once the Module has been updated successfully, verify that MyReef correctly reports the current firmware.

8. Close MyReef and disconnect the SID from the computer as well as the module.

Once that is complete, plug the module back into the ReefKeeper system.

NewYorkReefer1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where I can find firmware update for a SL2 V2? Got the module used and can’t find a place to download the latest firmware to save my life!

NewYorkReefer1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll double check when I get home from work but it ends in 14. Something like 10.1.2014 hex

steven87vt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if you buy a used rkl unit on 2.06 and another system on 2.08 if the power bars and sl1 modules will work together?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should. If you have a SID you can update the firmware. You will just have to get someone to send it to you. If they have PB4's those were not released until the 2.xx firmware was already out. Try and get the SID with the unit you are buying.

Last edited:

ObiQuiet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready to help with programming and other issues. I was a team DA member.

Two questions:

1. Was there a change, or a bug introduced, in the "Random" option for timers in the later firmware? It doesn't seem to work anymore.

2. How do I clear out the old graph data in MyReef? I've looked for data files and embedded databases, but can't find them.

Thanks!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two questions:

1. Was there a change, or a bug introduced, in the "Random" option for timers in the later firmware? It doesn't seem to work anymore.

2. How do I clear out the old graph data in MyReef? I've looked for data files and embedded databases, but can't find them.

Thanks!

1. Not that I am aware of, but I have not used the random option. Which controller are you using? Which firmware are you using?

2. You can delete graphs by right clicking on the name of the graph in the tree. I don't think that deletes the data. I think that is stored in the log files for each port in "Documents->Digital Aquatics->logs". It has been awhile since I have used myReef for anything but firmware updates. I have the Archon and myReef is only needed to update firmware on the modules if needed.

ObiQuiet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Not that I am aware of, but I have not used the random option. Which controller are you using? Which firmware are you using?

2. You can delete graphs by right clicking on the name of the graph in the tree. I don't think that deletes the data. I think that is stored in the log files for each port in "Documents->Digital Aquatics->logs". It has been awhile since I have used myReef for anything but firmware updates. I have the Archon and myReef is only needed to update firmware on the modules if needed.

Thanks for the quick reply, Danny. Don't know why I didn't find those log files myself, but that's where they were. Thanks!

The head unit is RKL firmware 02.08.
* The timers that do show the random behavior were configured before the upgrade, and are also set to "Oscillate"
* The timers that do not have the random behavior were configured after the upgrade and are not set to "Oscillate" and have "Repeat" set to 0.

Before the firmware upgrade. I had four timers set to Random with the Multi-timer function to turn four lights off separately at unpredictable times for the night. I am trying to recreate that same behavior after the firmware upgrade. I have tried configuring the timers using the RKL itself and also using MyReef, but the light are always on for the full duration.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you update the firmware on a head unit you will need to do a reset to factory defaults and then reprogram everything. The memory where things are stored with the programming can change from one firmware version to another. This can affect how certain options will work. Hope this helps.

ObiQuiet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you update the firmware on a head unit you will need to do a reset to factory defaults and then reprogram everything. The memory where things are stored with the programming can change from one firmware version to another. This can affect how certain options will work. Hope this helps.

Oh, MyReef claims it reloads the settings after a firmware update. I did it today, and the settings were preserved -- based on the dialog box text, one could assume it reprograms the head unit from an in-memory copy of the settings. Anyway, I can imagine the change affecting the OLD timers, but not new ones set up after the reset.

I also experimented, and it seems clear that in 2.08 the Random option is only in effect when Oscillate is also on. This is different from the firmware I had running since 2008, which was version 2.01 or maybe even earlier. That's too bad, as I really liked the "gradual lights-out, varies everyday" effect I could achieve with it. If anyone knows how to tickle the settings or the system to get that back, let me know.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought that Oscillate had to be turned on for random to work, but I have the RKE and Archon. I know the modules will get the info back but not the head units.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have modules that I can let go in the near future once I'm done with the I2C library for those that want to ditch the head unit and use a different controller with more flexibility. I currently have (sorry forget the models). Temp, PH, ORP, Salinity, Head Unit, PowerBars, and misc cabling.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back