Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

ObiQuiet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have modules that I can let go in the near future once I'm done with the I2C library for those that want to ditch the head unit and use a different controller with more flexibility. I currently have (sorry forget the models). Temp, PH, ORP, Salinity, Head Unit, PowerBars, and misc cabling.
Do I interpret that to mean you have a software library that will work with the DA hardware? If so, where to find out more?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I interpret that to mean you have a software library that will work with the DA hardware? If so, where to find out more?

I think the poster is going to the reef pi and won't need the DA equipment. I got a pi also, but have not had the time to do anything with it yet.

Hipertec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Hoping someone can help. I just acquired a used reefkeeper Lite. I'm really new to this so how do you hook up the software to the RKL to program?

All I got is the 4 outlet, display controller and the temp probe.

Would really like to get this programmed and how are you ablw to chart the outlets? Doesnt it need to be hooked up all time?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Hoping someone can help. I just acquired a used reefkeeper Lite. I'm really new to this so how do you hook up the software to the RKL to program?

Would really like to get this programmed and how are you ablw to chart the outlets? Doesnt it need to be hooked up all time?
There is a special cable you need to program it. Unfortunately you cant fond them anymore. I dont currently know of a substitute.

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You may have to just program it from the display controller. Which isn’t too bad in my opinion.

Hipertec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have to just program it from the display controller. Which isn’t too bad in my opinion.
Is there a manual? Are you able to get history information from display or can the RKL able to get chart history with the cable?

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ObiQuiet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can program it without the computer+SID+MyReef software, using just the head unit. The only things you can only do with the computer are rename the outlets and see the charts over time. You can run it successfully without those two as you only have four outlets.

Manual is here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstructions/brsDigitalAquatics/rkl/RKL+User+Guide+2_0+-+Web.pdf

Hipertec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I was able to buy a SID V2 but it turned out after I got it home an older version that can't fit a current USB port.

Does anyone know how I can connect this type of plug to my PC? Or what type of connection is this?

Also my current RKL info shows 2.40 version. Is this new or old and how can I update the firmware/display?
fca97a794d9738eadced3fb442c9108c.jpg

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I was able to buy a SID V2 but it turned out after I got it home an older version that can't fit a current USB port.

Does anyone know how I can connect this type of plug to my PC? Or what type of connection is this?

Also my current RKL info shows 2.40 version. Is this new or old and how can I update the firmware/display?
fca97a794d9738eadced3fb442c9108c.jpg
That is the newest SID. The end is a USB plug.

Hipertec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the newest SID. The end is a USB plug.
Its not fitting into a USB computer port. It's a bit too wide. Everything looks the same but the part that plugs into the computer.

Are you sure it's the newer one or the older one? Where or how does this plug into a computer slot?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not fitting into a USB computer port. It's a bit too wide. Everything looks the same but the part that plugs into the computer.

Are you sure it's the newer one or the older one? Where or how does this plug into a computer slot?
The V2 is the newest. The older one had to have a separate USB cable. The plug at the end is supposed to be a standard USB plug. Then at the other end is a cord with a buss connector.

Hipertec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is the old one that I have. Reason being that the end does not fit into the USB slot on the computer.

When you said the old one had another cable to connect the USB, does the end plug into this cable and then end goes to the USB port? Do you happen to have a picture of this cable?

Only reason is that my plug end won't fit into any ports on my computer.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is a photo of the original version of the SID. When they came out with myReef I had to send it back to DA to be modified so it could be used with myReef. The sticker was installed on it at that time. The V2 SID has a built in USB plug and the buss cable is permanently attached to the SID. Have you tird to insert it both directions. If I remember correctly ohters had issues with the plug at first. It does not have the metal cover over it like most USB plugs.

IMG_2416.JPG

Hipertec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
n2585722 - Thank you! the SID i have is the one with the USB. I tried it on my Surface USB and it did not fit. I tried it on my home computer and with a little force, it plugs into the USB Slot. It took some force but it will fit.

Now, when i open myreef, it only shows update screen. on the SID Screen, it shows REVISION 02.09 of 02.06
When I press UDPATE, In red, it shows SID-1-0206 and I have updated to 02.08 and 02.09 and I still cannot see anything on the left bar for hardware/graphs. {I cannot find the SID-1-0206 hex file in the download.}

My unit I got is a reefkeeper lite with the PC4, Display and the itemp:
Myreef 2.0 is on build 83
My PC4 is on version 02.04
On my display MENU/SYSTEM/INFO-> SHOWS 02.40

The SID is plugged into the RKL, along with the display screen.

1. why is my SID not communicating with my RKL? Is my SID on the correct version 02.08 or 02.09 (in folder 30-0016 from the download on the link)
2. how do I update the Display firmware as it is not showing up on my systems left bar?
3. I believe my PC4 firmware is updated with newest at 02.04

Sorry for so many questions....Im new to this and cant seem to get it working.

Last edited:

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone versed on hardware technical questions?? So after going through this thread and some Youtube videos I've been able to stumble my way through most things. So thank you all for posting your knowledge on the Reefkeeper. I have the RKL with a SL1 module. When I programmed my settings I tried to do a test run. I am getting voltage to Ch 2,3,4 but none on Ch1. Even when the indicator LED is illuminated on the PB4. I also set that channel up for a delay time because channel 1 was going to be used for my pumps. Wanted the delay for maintenance and feed mode. Is channel 1 on the RK Light the only channel that has "delay capability? Can all channels be programmed to be turned on or off? Like for a heater or a pump for an ATO? I'd really like to use one of the switches on the SL1 for a float switch. As I stated earlier though CH1 has no voltage. Is there any way of fixing it? I'm wondering if the relay could be bad. Looking at the face plate the plug guides seem that they won't pull through if one was to take the PN4 apart. Thank you in advance for any help and or shared wisdom.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
n2585722 - Thank you! the SID i have is the one with the USB. I tried it on my Surface USB and it did not fit. I tried it on my home computer and with a little force, it plugs into the USB Slot. It took some force but it will fit.

Now, when i open myreef, it only shows update screen. on the SID Screen, it shows REVISION 02.09 of 02.06
When I press UDPATE, In red, it shows SID-1-0206 and I have updated to 02.08 and 02.09 and I still cannot see anything on the left bar for hardware/graphs. {I cannot find the SID-1-0206 hex file in the download.}

My unit I got is a reefkeeper lite with the PC4, Display and the itemp:
Myreef 2.0 is on build 83
My PC4 is on version 02.04
On my display MENU/SYSTEM/INFO-> SHOWS 02.40

The SID is plugged into the RKL, along with the display screen.

1. why is my SID not communicating with my RKL? Is my SID on the correct version 02.08 or 02.09 (in folder 30-0016 from the download on the link)
2. how do I update the Display firmware as it is not showing up on my systems left bar?
3. I believe my PC4 firmware is updated with newest at 02.04

Sorry for so many questions....Im new to this and cant seem to get it working.

Let me see what I have for SID firmware. To just update firmware you will need the firmware to place in the proper folder since the auto download won't work anymore. To program outputs via myReef you system has to be hooked up and running. Connect the SID to computer running myReef and then connect the buss cable end to the running system.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone versed on hardware technical questions?? So after going through this thread and some Youtube videos I've been able to stumble my way through most things. So thank you all for posting your knowledge on the Reefkeeper. I have the RKL with a SL1 module. When I programmed my settings I tried to do a test run. I am getting voltage to Ch 2,3,4 but none on Ch1. Even when the indicator LED is illuminated on the PB4. I also set that channel up for a delay time because channel 1 was going to be used for my pumps. Wanted the delay for maintenance and feed mode. Is channel 1 on the RK Light the only channel that has "delay capability? Can all channels be programmed to be turned on or off? Like for a heater or a pump for an ATO? I'd really like to use one of the switches on the SL1 for a float switch. As I stated earlier though CH1 has no voltage. Is there any way of fixing it? I'm wondering if the relay could be bad. Looking at the face plate the plug guides seem that they won't pull through if one was to take the PN4 apart. Thank you in advance for any help and or shared wisdom.
Can you post the programming for channel 1?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back