Looking to hand orphek OR3 to 80/20. Do I need mounting hardware or just bolt it?

Jorda320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, as the title says I plan on using 80/20 to hang the orphek OR3 strips over my tank. I'm looking at tnutz.com and I most likely going to get two f the 1-in 80/20 extrusions mounted to the back of the stand, use the connectors to form an "L" coming towards the front of the tank similar to the first picture below. These are not my pictures but just tank builds I've seen on fourms and I'm trying to emulate. If I'm standing in front of the tank looking forward this configuration would give me two bars coming towards me and I would bolt the OR3s horizontally above the tank. I've never actually mounted lights like this before and I'm wondering if I can just bolt them right to the 80/20, or if I have to use the 80/20 to hang something such as the orphek mounting hardware. If that's the case I would probably mount this to the side of the tank and have it run long ways over the tank. I'm trying to figure this out because I'm going to order the exact size from t-nuts.com and I'm not going to fill the tank with water until I have this installed. Just looking for any advice from anyone who has experience with 80/20 or hanging LED strips. Any info is appreciated.

OP
OP
J

Jorda320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, forgot the pics.

Screenshot_20200925-103850.png

OP
OP
J

Jorda320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And they were in wrong order. The top picture is the $90 orphic mounting bracket. I'm trying to figure out if I need that or if I could just mount the 80/20 like the second picture and bolt it on.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back