Looking to meet other local reefers in KC

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings everyone. I am new to the saltwater hobby, and am interested in connecting with other reefers in the KCMO area. Any active clubs, or good shops/resources?

I look forward to hearing from and getting to know you guys/gals.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings everyone. I am new to the saltwater hobby, and am interested in connecting with other reefers in the KCMO area. Any active clubs, or good shops/resources?

I look forward to hearing from and getting to know you guys/gals.

There is a KC area group on facebook

Mzzb78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby! You may try coming to In the Reef in St. Joseph Mo. Julie the owner is very knowledgeable and her prices are little lower then KC's. She dips her corals before she puts them in her tanks. Her fish come from QT. I have gone to KC to see if there was anything better and wasn't impressed. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Scottrshoe

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby! You may try coming to In the Reef in St. Joseph Mo. Julie the owner is very knowledgeable and her prices are little lower then KC's. She dips her corals before she puts them in her tanks. Her fish come from QT. I have gone to KC to see if there was anything better and wasn't impressed. Just a thought.
that's great to hear...I've not been overly impressed with any of the LFS near me.

mbrady4him

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's great to hear...I've not been overly impressed with any of the LFS near me.
Hello Scottrshoe, I always like going to Pet-Topia 3528 NE Vivion Rd, also Aquariums Wholesale 132 S Clairborne Rd, Olathe, KS 66062, not as clean, but they have a great selection of coral, I have been doing the reef thing for a number of years, currently no tank running, sold the house and sold all the livestock, next build ins on hold awaiting funding. Last tank was a 75Gal Display, 40 frag, 75 sump, I still have all the stuff, but I have dreams of going bigger, I got a 225Gal off of Facebook marketplace, I will need to build a new stand and light setup. But as I said that's going to cost some money and I don't want to stress our budget in order to do so. So for now I have no water in a tank. I'm getting very uncomfortable with this situation, so the build may just be right around the corner. I think i'm going to have to steal your food makeup concocktion. Very well done. I live just east of KC, Happy reefing. Hope you had a great christmas. Take care. Mark
IMG_1868.JPG
I miss the tank.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back