Loose mushroom

Ryeguy1284

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I get a mushroom attached to something I just pick on up and he just floated around tank till it got into a cave

drsoos712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I've had some success with placing the mushroom in a glass jar (like a small candle jar) with rubble in it and covering the top will a mesh top of some sort. Use a rubberband to keep the mesh attached to the jar. The mesh will allow the mushroom to access flow and nutrients within the tank, as well as allowing it to attach naturally to the live rock rubble in the jar. A rubberband directly to the mushroom might damage the coral. A quick solution might be coral glue, but I've tried this in the past and all in all you have to remember that corals are live animal and mushrooms especially are going to move until they are happy with the flow/nutrients/lighting they are receiving. Hope this helps!

Soos

snipersps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very easy just get a small container, with a lot of very small rocks, them put the mushroom inside the container and put the container on the corner of your tank or on a place where you don't have to much flow, and just leve there 2 or 3 weeks will be attach to one of the small rocks

Chaz D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can usually superglue them down. Doesn't work all the time, but I've never had to do it more than twice.

Joker79

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very easy just get a small container, with a lot of very small rocks, them put the mushroom inside the container and put the container on the corner of your tank or on a place where you don't have to much flow, and just leve there 2 or 3 weeks will be attach to one of the small rocks

+1 I've for this before with propagating!!!

OP
OP
R

Ryeguy1284

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I put a lid on the container my hermit crabs keep getting stuck in the cup

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

drsoos712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See Post Above

Can I put a lid on the container my hermit crabs keep getting stuck in the cup

I've had some success with placing the mushroom in a glass jar (like a small candle jar) with rubble in it and covering the top will a mesh top of some sort. Use a rubberband to keep the mesh attached to the jar. The mesh will allow the mushroom to access flow and nutrients within the tank, as well as allowing it to attach naturally to the live rock rubble in the jar. The mesh also keeps critters out!

**I answered this above I think**

-Mike

OP
OP
R

Ryeguy1284

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the mesh off an old net and crushed up one of my rocks I had a small plastic container and drilled holes in it he seems to be happy should I check him once in awhile or just let him alone for a couple weeks

snipersps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Just make few holes on the lid, and I think is going to be much better cause the lip is going to bloke the ligth so the musmroom is going to force by his self to attaché more fast.

Back