LordNecro’s Red Sea Max Nano (High-end Softie/LPS Tank)

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been moving my mp10 all over trying to find a good spot for it, how does the flow look? Since its so high do you think there will be lots of dead spots on the bottom? Currently running the reefled on a 7 day acclimation period starting at 50 percent intensity. Everything looks to be open except for my aussie gold torch on top. Should I be worried about it?

Last edited:

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks cool... they will be nice when they grow.
From what I know, softies at the bottom, LPS in the middle and SPS at the top due to light intensities and flow, especially that your wavemaker is at the top and so is the higher intensity lighting.
I think the aussie torches are a bit more difficult to look after comparing to indo torches. Might be worth doing some care tips research on them.

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Measured my parameters today before my water change. Salinity was a little lower than I want, around 1.023-4. Not sure why it keeps steadily dropping but it was at least 1.025 last week. Alk: 8, Cal: 410, Mag: 1400. I replaced my ato with saltwater instead of rodi. I’ll check Salinity everyday until I hit 35 ppt and switch the ato back to rodi. Aussie was moved to the bottom of the tank and has gotten a tiny bit of gold back. I’m planing to remove the torches from their plugs next week and glueing everything to the rock work as they all look really happy. I might experiment with reef roids next week but I’ve been reading I should only feed a little in the beginning. Planning on buying a magnetic grow out rock, maybe a reef rax single shelf for a master torch and a F2m hg micromussa and an acan for my sandbed. Side note a hermit crab took my fire gobies hole for a few hours and it got ticked. The hermit crab isn’t in the hole anymore but the goby won’t go into that hole half the time.

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on my LFS to let me know when they get the ywg/yasha goby and pink streaked wrasse. Also deciding if I can fit a reefrax or something similar as I really want to add a master torch.

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind LFS just let me know they have a yellow watcherman goby in stock, going to pick it up tomorrow. Might also pickup a few acan frags.

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tiny yellow watcherman goby! Currently in the tank on the sandbed with lights out. I’ll try feeding it tomorrow

0FECF60E-7B49-4577-9B85-2BD18628A61B.jpeg

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His fins look beat up. Hopefully they heal nicely in your tank
Your right they do :(. I was wondering if its fins were supposed to look like that. The LFS had it in a tank with no sand and a bunch of bigger fish so it might have gotten hurt there? It is also wild caught so maybe that's why. Yeah like you mentioned hopefully it heals in my tank, my 3 other fish are peaceful so only my cuc might bully it

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day today, the goby has passed away :(. Posted a thread about why it died and probably because of stress. Updated tank pic though. Everything is looking happy. Lights will be at full intensity tomorrow and I'll be glueing frags down on Saturday. I see two tiny aiptasia on the frags so I'm going to scrape it and glue over it when I start glueing stuff Saturday. Hermit crabs seem to not care about coral as they just walk over them causing the coral to close for a little bit. Also my bigger clown is an butt, while I was trying to take the goby out the clown kept body slamming my hand so i resorted to foreceps

IMG_8824.jpg IMG_4765.jpg

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't see u measure ur par level. Make sure not to shine much light for LPS.
Yeah I haven't measured my par yet. I was looking into renting on from BRS but I didn't realize you still had to pay like $300 deposit in case you don't give it back. Currently running one of red seas programs with 100% blue and 50% white.

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently deciding whether to buy another goby from tsmaquatics or to try another wild caught from my LFS. Does anybody know if tsmaquatic fish are all captive bred or only those with captive bred in the name. Arguing that I rather buy a captive bred quarantined fish and pay $25 for shipping rather than buying another wild caught cause its cheaper. Also bought 2 reefrax magnetic rocks that I am going to try. Ordered a head of master torch and 3 heads of f2m HG micromussa which I am planning on adding to the tank soon.

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully this one does better, doesn’t look injured though! Also fifth and last fish will be a six line. I’ll pick one up in 2 weeks. I was hesitant to get a six line as I heard people had theirs eat coral but it seems unlikely

OP
OP
LordNecro

LordNecro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated tank pic. You can see everybody, even the goby in the bottom right. Not sure why he isn't making any sand mounds/tunnels, he made a small one in the back corner but isn't using it, he has just been sitting near my shroom even when the lights are on. I glued my coral to the rock last Sunday. I have noticed 2 baby aipstia on the frag plugs, I tried glueing over them but I guess I didn't glue the right area as I still see them. Thinking about how to treat them now.

IMG_2278.jpg

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back