Losing my battle against bubble algae...

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used hydrogen peroxide in my 30 reef when it had the stuff. I took a pipette full and after killing flow slowly squirted the peroxide around the algae. I did small areas at a time over a couple weeks. Couple days after application the bubbles would start turning white and then went clear and vanished. I found some bubble algae in my 70 reef a year back and did the same treatment with the same results.
vibrant is a great product but hydrogen peroxide is cheap and quick.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fluconazole works well, and im using vibrant now just to keep tank cleaner. all algae is almost gone

webdizzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fluconazole works well, and im using vibrant now just to keep tank cleaner. all algae is almost gone
How’s the Vibrant working out for you? I tried it and it caused havoc — wiped out 75% of my coral (mostly zoas, mushrooms and sps, some lps).

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the Vibrant working out for you? I tried it and it caused havoc — wiped out 75% of my coral (mostly zoas, mushrooms and sps, some lps).
Perfect, no loss at all and all algae gone. A mystery bubble algae now and then. I do large water changes to help flush junk out and keep water parameters good

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on about week 3 or 4 of vibrant dosing. No issues with corals at all, but also not seeing much dent in bubble algae either. Gonna stick with it for a couple more months and see how it goes...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back