Losing tissue on acan

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read about tissue bailout with acans before but until now, I've never experienced it. I have a red and green acan colony that though nothing special in coloration was dear to my heart because it was the very first acan frag that I got and that was two years ago. Well this two polyp frag grew to ~25 polyps and has always been healthy and reliable. Yesterday morning I went to check on the tank and found that more than 75% of the tissue was gone or hanging off. What can I do to save the rest of my acan :crybaby: I really love this little bugger! Also, I have two small frags in my tank and I don't know if this is a contagious condition or not. Should I be worried about them? Please give me your thoughts on these questions.

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came back to maine from new york after a week and my acans were all pulling away and I checked my alk was super low, corrected it and they actually regrew most of the tissue. So I would check all your levels.

OP
OP
ecotoxlady

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll check my levels this evening and let you guys know what I find. Hope it is something that can be remedied!

OP
OP
ecotoxlady

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I ran tests and everything looks good. To be on the safe side I also did a large water change (75%) but I unfortunately think this acan is a goner :( The other acan's look alright at the moment though there is a shroom encroaching on one of them. Any suggestions on how to remove a shroom?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back