Loss of power to 2.1 SA Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Saltyboris_uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody else experienced a loss of power to their 2.1 SA doser after a failed firmware upgrade?

I had to send my 2.1 doser back to ghl after it stopped working. No lights, on top/to rear, heads not turning.
It was returned, supposedly fixed but within less than 24 hours the same thing happened again

I have been told that the loss of power to the 2.1 SA doser was caused by a failed firmware upgrade?

My question, has anyone else experienced this?

I'm losing faith rapidly as I can't use my kh director, or slave pumps to keep my water stable and it's been like this for coming up to a month, and I'm being asked to send it back again at more expense.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen that problem.

After it was sent in and you got it back, did you install another Firmware and have it fail?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you're describing with total unresponsiveness can happen if you attempted a firmware update which ended up getting interrupted. Upon reboot, the doser does not respond because there is no firmware on the device.

You can however restore the firmware by following the steps on the Doser Emergency Update manual:

OP
OP
Saltyboris_uk

Saltyboris_uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you're describing with total unresponsiveness can happen if you attempted a firmware update which ended up getting interrupted. Upon reboot, the doser does not respond because there is no firmware on the device.

You can however restore the firmware by following the steps on the Doser Emergency Update manual:

Hi Vinny, I should have posted here last time, I followed your link and the instructions and everything is working as it should.

Thank you for your help

OP
OP
Saltyboris_uk

Saltyboris_uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen that problem.

After it was sent in and you got it back, did you install another Firmware and have it fail?

That's exactly what happened, even though there was no notification of failed firmware. Either way everything is working great now. Thanks

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had this happen, but every time I get a power interruption the doser fails to connect after it's over.

I'm scared to update my firmware now. lol. I'll keep this information handy if it happens.

What's the easiest was to update firmware w/o this issue. I haven't updated in a while and probably need to. Honestly, I forgot how.

OP
OP
Saltyboris_uk

Saltyboris_uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had this happen, but every time I get a power interruption the doser fails to connect after it's over.

I'm scared to update my firmware now. lol. I'll keep this information handy if it happens.

What's the easiest was to update firmware w/o this issue. I haven't updated in a while and probably need to. Honestly, I forgot how.

I'd ask one of the year guys with a good knowledge, I'm probably the last person to ask as everytime I do it I manage to kill the poor thing

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back