Lost in the Wrasses! Rollercoaster of a Reef Build

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it’s stunning… But 4K for it is a bit too much.
Then again, you’re talking to someone that wants a Coris that likely isn’t even available to the hobby.
I will take a "super male" Halichoeres bivittatus any day of the week over that guy. I think I may have to add another on to my tan to get mine to fully transition, but been hesitant on it. I know they group up in the wild, but not sure I want to rick it in the tank lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will take a "super male" Halichoeres bivittatus any day of the week over that guy. I think I may have to add another on to my tan to get mine to fully transition, but been hesitant on it. I know they group up in the wild, but not sure I want to rick it in the tank lol.
Just taken off the wrasse book from the windowsill (Don’t ask why it’s stored there haha). I guess I can always plan another wrasse, just the guessing game of who.
We need a new photo of your bivittatus!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I am not trying to be funny with that wrasse and the common name either.

In addition, my Xenojulis margaritacea is way better than a formosa in terms of stunning color. At least IMO.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. By the way, if anyone is interested I have a Super Ultra Multi Rainbow Monochromatic Red Digitata I'm considering selling for $25k per frag.
Wait it’s the same one I can buy for 25 right? Nah the 25k one is better it has a crazy name!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just taken off the wrasse book from the windowsill (Don’t ask why it’s stored there haha). I guess I can always plan another wrasse, just the guessing game of who.
We need a new photo of your bivittatus!
I will try. It still hates the phone or a camera. Every pic I have has to be from far away and zoomed way in.

But here is one not so camera shy.

IMG_7251.jpg

Edit: That is hydra 32 with white at 100%, all the others at 20%. I use those settings on "Feed Mode" which is what they should change to pic mode for a name lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose;
Right… I guess you could say cheap but I have 3 fish worth mid treble digits currently haha.
By the way if your interested in what they are then here you go :)
- Pygoplites diacanthus (even more so considering it’s a Yellow belly)
- Siganus magnificus (I was in shock when I saw a 1” one the same price as mine was when I got him… mine was a 2.5-3” specimen)
- Halichoeres iridis (When I showed a photo of mine to my LFS owner he told me at the size mine is, he’s worth Atleast £100 over here)

We don’t talk about the other fish I’ve kept and lost that were worth mid treble digits :)

I will try. It still hates the phone or a camera. Every pic I have has to be from far away and zoomed way in.

But here is one not so camera shy.

IMG_7251.jpg
Jealous! I nearly came home with a male a few months ago… I went to my LFS and it was sold instantly, I unfortunately didn’t get lucky that day. Now they’re not really all that nice to me in terms of rarity - it’s like everyone has one. In terms of colour I love it but I prefer others that not many people own.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Petcrazyson got any pencil wrasses on the wrasse list?

I would die for a Mesostigma pair… just the issue of where would I put them.
Maybe my next tank will have a pencil dominant wrasse gang as I’ve really peaked interest in them :)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way if your interested in what they are then here you go :)
- Pygoplites diacanthus (even more so considering it’s a Yellow belly)
- Siganus magnificus (I was in shock when I saw a 1” one the same price as mine was when I got him… mine was a 2.5-3” specimen)
- Halichoeres iridis (When I showed a photo of mine to my LFS owner he told me at the size mine is, he’s worth Atleast £100 over here)

We don’t talk about the other fish I’ve kept and lost that were worth mid treble digits :)

Jealous! I nearly came home with a male a few months ago… I went to my LFS and it was sold instantly, I unfortunately didn’t get lucky that day. Now they’re not really all that nice to me in terms of rarity - it’s like everyone has one. In terms of colour I love it but I prefer others that not many people own.
And this is where rarity is subjective, as in the great US of A, I have not seen that many or many for sale.

But I do agree, I do prefer more rare things. This is why I have a ton of local to FL waters fish. Not many at all in the trade. I also plan to expand that with some parrots I plan to collect and some other wrasses local to FL.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is where rarity is subjective, as in the great US of A, I have not seen that many or many for sale.

But I do agree, I do prefer more rare things. This is why I have a ton of local to FL waters fish. Not many at all in the trade. I also plan to expand that with some parrots I plan to collect and some other wrasses local to FL.
I bet that’ll look beautiful, I know I need a pencil in my gang, been eyeing up Pseudojuloides zeus as they’re very similar to Anampses femininus in colour.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet that’ll look beautiful, I know I need a pencil in my gang, been eyeing up Pseudojuloides zeus as they’re very similar to Anampses femininus in colour.
a dues would be awesome. I love the blue on them. It is like nothing else lol.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My list of parrots I want.

Carus taeniopterus

Sparisoma atomarium

Sparisoma aurofrenatum

Now for the wrasse.

Halichoeres cyanocephalus

Halichoeres maculipinna

Halichoeres garnoti

Halichoeres pictus

Halichoeres radiatus

yes, I know they get up to 15-16" for some, but goal is to have a FL based massive tank once moved to FL. Inverts will off the list for the tank, but not like these guys are major coral monsters. Well, the parrots can be, but as long as provided with food and ample beds of algae, they will not rip apart corals to get algae lol.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wait it’s the same one I can buy for 25 right? Nah the 25k one is better it has a crazy name!
I think you can get them for $5-$10 but the name!
Shocked Austin Powers GIF

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And I am sorry to say; I don’t even like that wrasse I would choose a yellow wrasse over it easily.
(I think I will get shot after this)
I'd love a Yellow Coris.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
goal is to have a FL based massive tank once moved to FL. Inverts will off the list for the tank, but not like these guys are major coral monsters. Well, the parrots can be, but as long as provided with food and ample beds of algae, they will not rip apart corals to get algae lol.

This, right here, is a fantastic goal!

(I had a Princess Parrotfish from 1995 until 2001.)

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Petcrazyson got any pencil wrasses on the wrasse list?

I would die for a Mesostigma pair… just the issue of where would I put them.
Maybe my next tank will have a pencil dominant wrasse gang as I’ve really peaked interest in them :)
Good idea to put them in their own dominated tank. My pencil did not fare well with my active gang. He couldn't compete with the other wrasses. He just disappeared one day :crying-face:

01272023.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good idea to put them in their own dominated tank. My pencil did not fare well with my active gang. He couldn't compete with the other wrasses. He just disappeared one day :crying-face:

01272023.jpg
An atavai is high on my list of wrasses, and most of the higher wrasses are pencils so, definitely want to go the pencil route next time :)
I mean… For some of my wrasses I only have about 2-3 years left. It’s not like anyone’s counting though!

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An atavai is high on my list of wrasses, and most of the higher wrasses are pencils so, definitely want to go the pencil route next time :)
I mean… For some of my wrasses I only have about 2-3 years left. It’s not like anyone’s counting though!
Reef Pro had an atavai pair for $6000 they sold super fast.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back