Lost in the Wrasses! Rollercoaster of a Reef Build

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So @i cant think are you thinking to get any of the torches?

I just go with normal ones. No holy, Jesus, or super dee duper in their names.

20220922_175038.jpg

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20220922_175038.jpg
Lol so your telling me you wouldn’t get a Super Fire Indo Splatter Green Tipped Holy Reca Toxic Ray Torch? :winking-face-with-tongue: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: @i cant think would you get one of those? :winking-face-with-tongue:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20220922_175038.jpg
Nice Anthias btw. Could we get some more glammer shots pls?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Anthias btw. Could we get some more glammer shots pls?

That's my single female/transitioning bimac. I have 2 more females conditioning at the lfs. Noticed the lyrtail in the background. She is ready to transition but the male lyretail keeps after her.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 cents - alve less finicky.

Neither liked being close to the other, but fine all interspersed with more of their own kind.

Had an alk related semi-crash and lost all my colonies of both from the cade when my stunner brutally murdered some snails and they chose violence via death curse in response.

Once both tanks are up and running again I fully plan to have a garden of each again, but I'll put alve in one tank and goni in the other.

Both drink manganese like Frank drinks Dr pepper. I quad dosed in my dailies and it was still undetectable but helped keep them fluffy and happy. If I skipped dosages, the goni esp would sulk.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 cents - alve less finicky.

Neither liked being close to the other, but fine all interspersed with more of their own kind.

Had an alk related semi-crash and lost all my colonies of both from the cade when my stunner brutally murdered some snails and they chose violence via death curse in response.

Once both tanks are up and running again I fully plan to have a garden of each again, but I'll put alve in one tank and goni in the other.

Both drink manganese like Frank drinks Dr pepper. I quad dosed in my dailies and it was still undetectable but helped keep them fluffy and happy. If I skipped dosages, the goni esp would sulk.
So I can have a garden but keep them spaced out got it. Which tank do you plan on having the Alve’s? How often should you think I should dose manganese? Thx danieyella for the help.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both drink manganese like Frank drinks Dr pepper
Yea I’m sure that they do lol. Except the corals don’t have to throw back up what they consumed ;)

Last edited:

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I can have a garden but keep them spaced out got it. Which tank do you plan on having the Alve’s? How often should you think I should dose manganese? Thx danieyella for the help.

I dose daily, but don't increase past the basic recommendation if you're not testing to monitor it - you want it to basically stay undetectable. I send off ati-icp before upping each time and then periodically afterwards to keep tabs on everything - on average probably every 3 months.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cryptic is good! Just knowing they are in there. It's a treat when you see them.
That’s exactly what I want. Seeing that pretty face every little bit would be the treat I’m looking for. I was telling Aaron that earlier. One of my favorite gobies. They hold their own too.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So that's probably why my alve withered away. I don't think my mag was much over 1300. Plus it was quite a new tank at that time.

20201220_174647.jpg

Edit/ I thought magnesium. Though I never dosed manganese.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible additions when I get back?
1674957885607.png

Even a pair maybe?
Those look great. Are the gobies? Choati coloration. I think @i cant think has a word or two about gobies.
I absolutely do have a thing for gobies :)
The yasha, well… That’s my all time favourite goby. I do like my Clown Goby as well but the Yasha will always be my favourite.
Cryptic is good! Just knowing they are in there. It's a treat when you see them. Just like my pink streak. Not everything has to be in your face.
Totally!
Well, until you have a tank like mine where all the fish you love are hiding and you only have one fish you like that’s out and about. I love the pink streaks I have (yes I have discovered I now have 2 again) but when paired with my Yasha and Clown goby, those 4 fish make it look like there is only one (My leopard).

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So @Slocke Femininus or Yellow Tai? Cardinal or Chromis? ;)

I still haven’t finished it but Alex is looking strong in points rn.

I was so annoyed by the tamarins. The yellowtail is pretty but has nothing on the red tail. Chrysocephalus is so much prettier. Feminus is also pretty but Alex going with meleagrides and winning is crazy.

Does beg the question though (@i cant think too) what wrasse would you enter as the most beautiful in a public contest?
I love C gaimard obviously but wrasse like M geoffoyri, P cyaneus, and of course A chrysocephalus may inspire the masses more.

As for best schooling fish or chromis vs Benggai…….. I don’t like either. Chromis are so boring in looks and cardinals are just boring. Any anthia would have won that.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back