Lost Internet Connection -- Random outlets start turning on & off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I randomly lost connectivity for just a moment -- No real reason why, just life I suppose..

But what had me concerned is the Apex started randomly turning things on and off, for absolutely no real reason. So here I gotta ask, is this normal? Because I've never had that happen, and it's slightly concerning.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to me on several occasions. For some reason apex firmware gets corrupt if the power goes out . You need to do a full restore

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to me on several occasions. For some reason apex firmware gets corrupt if the power goes out . You need to do a full restore

Thanks! Just to make sure were on the same page... what exactly do you mean by "full restore"? Are you saying factory reset, or regular reset, or is this some function I don't even know about?

I've had zero issues with this thing. Set it up, plugged it in, never gave it another thought in almost a year now. This is the first time I've needed to do *anything* to the Apex. So realistically, I'm 100% unfamiliar with everything about it lol..

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Just to make sure were on the same page... what exactly do you mean by "full restore"? Are you saying factory reset, or regular reset, or is this some function I don't even know about?

I've had zero issues with this thing. Set it up, plugged it in, never gave it another thought in almost a year now. This is the first time I've needed to do *anything* to the Apex. So realistically, I'm 100% unfamiliar with everything about it lol..
There is a function called initialize . You don't have any issues with the apex until you do. I would suggest looking to get a battery backup for it .

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LAN connection is good at best so I lose internet connection several times a week. I have my system hardwired to the Apex Hub, no wireless, I have noticed as well that sometimes my lights start coming on or off at weird times afterwards. I just pull the BUS cable from the EB8 let it set for 15sec, plug back in and off it goes, seems to work for me.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I randomly lost connectivity for just a moment -- No real reason why, just life I suppose..

But what had me concerned is the Apex started randomly turning things on and off, for absolutely no real reason. So here I gotta ask, is this normal? Because I've never had that happen, and it's slightly concerning.

Is it normal? Paranormal! Jk

Back