Lost IQ-Level on COR-20 with power failure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just had a power failure earlier this evening from a wind storm. The power blinked multiple times, then went out for about 3 minutes. After it came back on I realized that the COR-20's were pumping way too fast. When I investigated, the IQ level adjustment was back to 1%-100% and the pumps were at 100% (but at the 75% setting for the schedule) instead of the 1%-40% range I had set for both pumps when configured. Luckily I caught this before there was an accident.

Is this an isolated incident, or am I at risk of overflowing my tank every time there is a power failures. Thanks!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just had a power failure earlier this evening from a wind storm. The power blinked multiple times, then went out for about 3 minutes. After it came back on I realized that the COR-20's were pumping way too fast. When I investigated, the IQ level adjustment was back to 1%-100% and the pumps were at 100% (but at the 75% setting for the schedule) instead of the 1%-40% range I had set for both pumps when configured. Luckily I caught this before there was an accident.

Is this an isolated incident, or am I at risk of overflowing my tank every time there is a power failures. Thanks!

What is your COR Fallback setting? Fallback is applied whenever the COR is not in communications with the Apex, which includes the time period as the Apex is still booting up after a power failure. Fallback defaults to "ON", which places it at 100%. You can override that with a percentage, such as Fallback 75. Click the icon at the top of the screen to toggle between the graphical scheduler and the Advanced view to be able to specify a custom Fallback setting:

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 7.17.33 PM.png

OP
OP
Bruce60

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I went in and reset the Fallback to 40, which would be the equivalent to the maximum 40% IQ-Level.

What I do not understand is how this would resolve the issue of the pump running at the right speed once power is on and full communications are restored. The program is set to run the return pump at 75% of a maximum of 40% power (I did it this way so I can vary the pump speed based on work I am doing on the tank without risking going over 40% power on the pump and perhaps overflowing the display). Will this reset the maximum IQ Level at 40%? or just default to 40% maximum until I go in and fix it?

OP
OP
Bruce60

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 8.00.26 PM.png
Here is a screen shot of how this looks. I have it currently down to 70% while I investigate the issue. Note the min and max speeds at the bottom of the screen. Max speed reset to 100% following the power failure.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back