• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Lot of Vortech MP40s/MP10s for the Tinkerer

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: Sold.

These are the last pumps I have laying around before my move. As I'm short on time, I'll do my best to describe all the pumps, but ideally I would like to find one buyer for the entire lot- ideally someone else who tinkers and needs extra pumps because they have too many tanks ;). Because most of the pumps have either a cosmetic issue or aren't totally silent (described below), I'm selling the lot "as is"- which is my way of hoping an experienced vortech tinkerer buys the lot (in which case they will be pleasantly surprised). I'm going to grab pictures to post in a minute, but feel free to shoot me any questions.

MP40 Gear
  • MP40W ES Dryside- works well, only issue is that I replaced the bearings earlier this year and the Ecotech sticker is no longer sticky enough to cover up the endcap. I still have the sticker, but did not attach in case you need to get to the innards in the future.
  • MP40 Wetside- works well, only cleaned in citric acid, silent
  • MP40w Dryside (original style boxy white)- works well, is relatively quiet, but it might be best to change the bearings soon as it's getting noisier.
  • MP40 Wetside - works well, only cleaned in citric acid, not as quiet as the other wetside.
  • MP40w (original style boxy white)- definitely a pet project (or trash?)- when I plug it in, it blinks red/green. Haven't investigated if/how it can be remedied.
  • (2x) Ecotech MP40 Power Supply
  • MP40 3D Printed Anemone Guard
MP10 Gear
  • MP10 Dry Side (original style, blue body)- Works well, pretty quiet operation
  • MP10 Wet Side- works well, probably 7/10 in terms of noise (10 being the most silent)
  • MP10 Dry Side (original style, blue body)- this needs to have the bearings replaced- too noisy for most applications at present
  • MP10 Power Supply
  • MP10 3D Printed Anemone Guard

Asking $225 Shipped.

Last edited:
OP
OP
andrewey

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gGjGP0Z.jpg

Sushibar

Just a man living his plan!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
These are the last pumps I have laying around before my move. As I'm short on time, I'll do my best to describe all the pumps, but ideally I would like to find one buyer for the entire lot- ideally someone else who tinkers and needs extra pumps because they have too many tanks ;). Because most of the pumps have either a cosmetic issue or aren't totally silent (described below), I'm selling the lot "as is"- which is my way of hoping an experienced vortech tinkerer buys the lot (in which case they will be pleasantly surprised). I'm going to grab pictures to post in a minute, but feel free to shoot me any questions.

MP40 Gear
  • MP40W ES Dryside- works well, only issue is that I replaced the bearings earlier this year and the Ecotech sticker is no longer sticky enough to cover up the endcap. I still have the sticker, but did not attach in case you need to get to the innards in the future.
  • MP40 Wetside- works well, only cleaned in citric acid, silent
  • MP40w Dryside (original style boxy white)- works well, is relatively quiet, but it might be best to change the bearings soon as it's getting noisier.
  • MP40 Wetside - works well, only cleaned in citric acid, not as quiet as the other wetside.
  • MP40w (original style boxy white)- definitely a pet project (or trash?)- when I plug it in, it blinks red/green. Haven't investigated if/how it can be remedied.
  • (2x) Ecotech MP40 Power Supply
  • MP40 3D Printed Anemone Guard
MP10 Gear
  • MP10 Dry Side (original style, blue body)- Works well, pretty quiet operation
  • MP10 Wet Side- works well, probably 7/10 in terms of noise (10 being the most silent)
  • MP10 Dry Side (original style, blue body)- this needs to have the bearings replaced- too noisy for most applications at present
  • MP10 Power Supply
  • MP10 3D Printed Anemone Guard

Asking $225 Shipped.
Sounds fun!

Back