Lou Ekus: Reef aquarium chemistry can be pretty easy and fun...No, really! | MACNA 2019

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

U

User1

View Badges
Enjoyed it. Thank you for posting. Learned a bit which is always nice. The part about balling, with A, B, and C. Is there a single product that makes up C?

I thought balling was dosing several items.

Edit: I see the products now which include A, B, and C. Just needed to do a bit more reading. Thanks again - nice presentation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great stuff really enjoyed the video thxs for sharing. He mentions Hans Wener products for the balling method, what product does Hans supervise and produce?

Lou answers your question about Hans-Werner Balling here in a previous R2R thread (see post #7).

d.fast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good! But the ending left me a bit confused and wanting, would like a deeper and more detailed overview of carbon dosing. It's hinted that its true benefit is for the corals(as food?) rather than the side effect of it lowering nitrate and phosphate? Needed a few more minutes to dive into that!

Njbjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made an account to just reply and say thanks. The best information I ever found about how the chemistry in my tank interacts within itself. I would like to challenge bulk reef supply to collaborate with its video and explain the difference in options the company has with this Neptune sponsored presentation. Both refutable sources of information that are at ends in some areas of the chemistry and which products are the best.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Made an account to just reply and say thanks. The best information I ever found about how the chemistry in my tank interacts within itself. I would like to challenge bulk reef supply to collaborate with its video and explain the difference in options the company has with this Neptune sponsored presentation. Both refutable sources of information that are at ends in some areas of the chemistry and which products are the best.

Welcome to R2R!!! Thanks for chiming in! Along with his ability to present challenging concepts clearly, Lou is a true gentleman and genuinely good people.

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good watch. Worth the time for sure. Has my wheels spinning on possible carbon dosing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back