Lou Malnati's or Giordano's or.... What's your deep dish pizza preference?

Which is better?

• Total voters

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lou Malnati's is the best. I live in Florida now, and have ordered the frozen ones twice in the past year!!! Make that 3 times now......

How do they do in a regular oven vs the real thing? I've always heard they aren't as good because a regular oven doesn't get as hot as the ones they use at the restaurants.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish the Dallas area had good pizza. Everything has gone "trendy" with the small pizzas with weird toppings and charging $20 for a pizza the size of your hand.

We've had several Rosati's open up around town but most closed. I really liked their pizza but didn't eat their much due to the high prices. Can't afford $50+ to feed the family pizza very often when they are just as happy with the cheap chain pizzas.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish the Dallas area had good pizza. Everything has gone "trendy" with the small pizzas with weird toppings and charging $20 for a pizza the size of your hand.

We've had several Rosati's open up around town but most closed. I really liked their pizza but didn't eat their much due to the high prices. Can't afford $50+ to feed the family pizza very often when they are just as happy with the cheap chain pizzas.

Eating out has gotten very expensive with anything anymore!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man you folks have it all wrong, steak sandwiches are for lunch and pizza is for the midnight munchies for dinner
around the Great Lakes it is Yellow Lake Perch or Walleye of course a good ribeye or prime always works.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When in Chicago I always try to stop at Lou Malnati's.

But growing up in Detroit my all-time favorite pizza is still the original Buddy's in Detroit. Living now on the west coast, I really miss it.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When in Chicago I always try to stop at Lou Malnati's.

But growing up in Detroit my all-time favorite pizza is still the original Buddy's in Detroit. Living now on the west coast, I really miss it.

We have a Jet's here, how does that compare? My wife really likes their square pizzas.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True but $50 there vs under $20 from LIttle Caesars and the family doesn't care either way, plus both you have to eat at home. If I'm spending over $50 I would prefer it be a sit down place.

My kids will go hungry before they eat Little Ceasars........

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with Jet's, so I can't compare. Buddy's is the original Detroit square pizza since 1946: https://www.buddyspizza.com/history

It started in Sterling Heights in 1978. They have around 140 locations in Michigan. As far as I know, this is the only place that serves Detroit style pizza in the Dallas area.

Of course with all these places, my understanding is you lose the "authentic taste" because they have to use local ingredients due to cost. We did have a Chicago style sandwich shop for a while that was supposed to be authentic because they had their ingredients shipped in from Chicago. Of course this meant their prices were a lot higher than competing sandwich places and they didn't stay open very long.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started in Sterling Heights in 1978. They have around 140 locations in Michigan. As far as I know, this is the only place that serves Detroit style pizza in the Dallas area.

I thought the one in Chelsea was the first. Either way, the one in Chelsea is A++

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wanna save money, one word

1571185364065.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • None.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back