louisiana swamp critter

missycme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone:) im from louisiana and have had tanks from freshwater to saltwater,from 10 gallon to 130 gallon but when my 130 busted 2 days after a hurricane and 2 days before thanksgiving,i pretty much called it a scoop mission-scoop what i could together and save what i could-i ended up with a 45 gallon and its driving me crazy!!its doing good i just need to go bigger!!!!with that being said i saved my pennies and came up with a new 75 gal-i know its only half the size of the 130 but better than a 45!! so now im waiting to get someone to build the stand for me- im going to build it out of 3/4 inch plywood-already purchased-and will go from there-i am looking for recommendations for lights for all corals but need them to be in a very good price range-im low income and know this is expensive but cant seem to give the salt mix a flushing,lol-all advice is taken with a good heart- glad to be here and hope to get this thing up and going before long!!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
hIWXijh.gif

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. While this hobby can be stupid expensive it doesn’t have to be. There are plenty of budget friendly options. What part of LA are you in. Meeting locals is a great way to save money, by getting used equipment and discounted frags.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back