missycme

missycme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Love to follow budget builds!
Sorry about your 130. Wife called me at work yesterday, said tank was leaking.
Raced Home. Broken ziptie on dosing hose = dosing the floor = RELIEF

spockwelcome.jpg
oh you lucky!!!wish thats all that happened to me,lol,glad yours wasn't a major problem-i bet wife was glad too!!im in a double wide mobile home and ended up pulling carpets and moldings,throwing stuff that was on floor out -a major mess and expense -it was fully stocked and all equipment was in tank-no sump at that time:(....as far as the build ,im sure this will be a long process,i have to work with other peoples time for the build and then the initial set up with equipment and then of course the cycle-maybe my other corals will be big enough to share with the new tank by then lol:)still trying to see whats the best lights i can afford ,i want them to lean more towards violets and blues/whites,i live in a humid hot area so dont want to mess with mh either,any suggestions?

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh you lucky!!!wish thats all that happened to me,lol,glad yours wasn't a major problem-i bet wife was glad too!!im in a double wide mobile home and ended up pulling carpets and moldings,throwing stuff that was on floor out -a major mess and expense -it was fully stocked and all equipment was in tank-no sump at that time:(....as far as the build ,im sure this will be a long process,i have to work with other peoples time for the build and then the initial set up with equipment and then of course the cycle-maybe my other corals will be big enough to share with the new tank by then lol:)still trying to see whats the best lights i can afford ,i want them to lean more towards violets and blues/whites,i live in a humid hot area so dont want to mess with mh either,any suggestions?
Not really.. Lol. I just bought new "budget friendly" wifi black boxes and they barely function out of the box.

Maybe a diy canopy w T5 retrofits and led? I just can't recommend a brand.

OP
OP
missycme

missycme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. While this hobby can be stupid expensive it doesn’t have to be. There are plenty of budget friendly options. What part of LA are you in. Meeting locals is a great way to save money, by getting used equipment and discounted frags.
i agree with the options but im not the run the road type person -im not a loner just a homer lol-i am willing to meet-locally- for used equipment(if affordable )-i really think i need a personal aquarium mentor- but dont get the chance to do reef meets and such-i live in the town of houma ,not much goes on around here-we have two saltwater pet stores(pet express-he is awesome ,but small)and petco but they never have anything that i would buy!(and that caused me to do online) im trying to keep this simple- aquarium, sump, skimmer, lights, powerheads ,and debating substrate-bare,sand,crushed coral-have a mix of sand and crush coral in my 45 now and black sand in my cube-sand blows and crushed coral holds -so still debating-i bet i have 10 empty tanks out on my porch-55 down,they were mostly for fw -thinking about copepods ---again undecided-maybe thats why my hubby gets so aggravated with me lol:)
Not really.. Lol. I just bought new "budget friendly" wifi black boxes and they barely function out of the box.

Maybe a diy canopy w T5 retrofits and led? I just can't recommend a brand.
yea thats what i was thinking -i have an old t5 4 bulb i thought about adding some leds to,just didnt want to have to mess with anything if i can get something for a decent price. i saw those black boxes wasnt thrilled about them

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back