Lounge

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here we can discuss topics that are not related to reefing. Please feel free to chat, share photos or whatever you would like. Please keep it clean, friendly and have fun!

OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Happy Easter, Happy Sunday or just Happy that it's going to be nice out today! Hope all is well:)

OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not the ocean but not bad for Wisconsin

Attachments

• 20210508_172216.jpg
    20210508_172216.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Memorial Day Weekend :)

OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Happy 4th Everyone! Hope you have a great weekend & holiday

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day... first, picked up a couple frags yesterday. King Midas zoa, fire and ice zoa, ,ystic sunset Monti and a walt Disney acro (second attempt at acro).

After dip and acclimation is was pretty sure the Walt Disney wasn’t going to make it. This morning it doesn’t look good. There’s a tiny bit of fluorescence left,in the polyp holes, but the skeleton is pretty much white...

Tested all parameters too, and it’s spot on. Guessing LFS was a bit different from what I had. Hoping it’ll come back, but doesn’t look good right now.

Second issue of the day, clowns doing great this morning. Swimming and no signs of anything. Did some tank maintenance earlier; algae glass, filter sock, skimmer, new carbon, and a feeding. All ate well. 2 hours later noticed female laying sideways on sand struggling to right herself... breathing heavy. Doesn’t look good for her. If I lose her this will be a tall a bad day....

OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sad day... first, picked up a couple frags yesterday. King Midas zoa, fire and ice zoa, ,ystic sunset Monti and a walt Disney acro (second attempt at acro).

After dip and acclimation is was pretty sure the Walt Disney wasn’t going to make it. This morning it doesn’t look good. There’s a tiny bit of fluorescence left,in the polyp holes, but the skeleton is pretty much white...

Tested all parameters too, and it’s spot on. Guessing LFS was a bit different from what I had. Hoping it’ll come back, but doesn’t look good right now.

Second issue of the day, clowns doing great this morning. Swimming and no signs of anything. Did some tank maintenance earlier; algae glass, filter sock, skimmer, new carbon, and a feeding. All ate well. 2 hours later noticed female laying sideways on sand struggling to right herself... breathing heavy. Doesn’t look good for her. If I lose her this will be a tall a bad day....
Really sorry to hear, hope she recovers. Probably a dumb question but have you checked main parameters? Is there any discoloration or haze on her?

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She didn’t last the night... I did a thorough exam on her and noticed nothing on her body, no discoloration, gills looked fine. I suspect swim bladder due to her not being able to right herself as the night went on. Everything else doing well. Parameters are good as I tested all things that same day. Reading more on it, appears it’s super common in clowns... sad as I don’t know what to do for a pair now....?

Been a bad week for animals for me as had to take dog to emergency vet today for what appears to Ben a slipped disc issue... smh...

Viperdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's stinks and I have two dogs that are 12 and 13 and not looking forward to the years ahead. And right now my tank seems like it is a second job at times but I love it but there are big ups and downs

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a positive note (seems like a rough week for people). I’ve decided to purchase a few new fish. I don’t often, as I do a full quarantine process with all my fish.

Anyway, I thought I would offer a spot or two in my quarantine tank if someone wants me to quarantine a fish for them. It’s a 20 gallon tank so nothing too crazy.

OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
She didn’t last the night... I did a thorough exam on her and noticed nothing on her body, no discoloration, gills looked fine. I suspect swim bladder due to her not being able to right herself as the night went on. Everything else doing well. Parameters are good as I tested all things that same day. Reading more on it, appears it’s super common in clowns... sad as I don’t know what to do for a pair now....?

Been a bad week for animals for me as had to take dog to emergency vet today for what appears to Ben a slipped disc issue... smh...
I'm really sorry, I hope things turn around for you asap

OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
On a positive note (seems like a rough week for people). I’ve decided to purchase a few new fish. I don’t often, as I do a full quarantine process with all my fish.

Anyway, I thought I would offer a spot or two in my quarantine tank if someone wants me to quarantine a fish for them. It’s a 20 gallon tank so nothing too crazy.
What fish did you get?

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish did you get?
Well kind of TBD. I’m going to make a trip next week to either Badger in Janesville or Milwaukee area and see what’s out there. I’ve got a list of ~5 fish I’m open towards. I’d love a flame angel but idk if I want to risk it.

OP
OP
Zach B

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well kind of TBD. I’m going to make a trip next week to either Badger in Janesville or Milwaukee area and see what’s out there. I’ve got a list of ~5 fish I’m open towards. I’d love a flame angel but idk if I want to risk it.
Sorry, should have read your post better. Very cool. Flame angel is such a cool fish, definitely a gamble when it comes to corals... Excited to see what you get! I recently added a pair of mandarins that if I can get a shot of in the next few days I will. Bidding on some acros as well :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back