Low Range Copper Hanna Checker hint

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mindi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been getting inconsistent results like...0, 40, 0, 35, etc... and I now know what the explanation is. When I shake the reagent powder vigorously to be sure of dissolving it all, and then knock out any bubbles, and let it stand for the bubbles to float out before final check I get zero.... so it looks like user error. The powdered reagent needs a bit more effort to fully dissolve than some others like ULR Phosphorus..so something to watch out for.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been getting inconsistent results like...0, 40, 0, 35, etc... and I now know what the explanation is. When I shake the reagent powder vigorously to be sure of dissolving it all, and then knock out any bubbles, and let it stand for the bubbles to float out before final check I get zero.... so it looks like user error. The powdered reagent needs a bit more effort to fully dissolve than some others like ULR Phosphorus..so something to watch out for.
Thanks for the heads up on this!

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using this Checker for saltwater or freshwater?

Connor SKKY02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you please confirm if LR works only on freshwater? or it works in saltwater as well? To measure the recommended cupramine level dose of 0.5 mg/L, which one should I use?

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back